ClockworkMod Recovery is one of the most used custom recovery image, a tool that offers a helping hand for those who are trying to update their smartphones with custom ROMs and beta firmware, or for those who want to perform backup and maintenance operations on their Android powered devices. That’s why, I will teach you how to get and install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE SGH-I757M handset. This tutorial will be suitable only for the already mentioned phone and not for similar ones, so be careful in what you do.
For those who don’t know there are more variants of the Galaxy S2. This means that you can’t use a tutorial that was designed for the S2 SGH T989 for example and apply it to a S2 HD LTE SGH-I757M as you can brick its internal system. So, first of all ensure that you are applying the right guide for your smartphone. We have recently showed you how to install the touch version of CWM for the T989 so for the same check through our previous step by step guides. Also, you can find other Android related tips and guides suitable for your Galaxy S2 (like official updates, custom ROMs, or root procedures), so take a look and see if you can find something useful.
The Galaxy S2 HD LTE SGH-I757M features a larger screen compared with the classic S2 along with other minor changes, but what makes the difference is the internal system. The bootloader is not the same, so if you want to root, install a custom recovery image or flash a custom ROM you will have to use suitable tutorials for each version of the phone. The present guide was first developed and tested by those of xda-developers so we have them to thanks for this possibility. Now, let’s get started with the proper guide.
As already stated, ClockworkMod Recovery is required each time you want to make changes on your Galaxy S2 HD LTE. Furthermore, the software comes with important features that will help you in safely completing different operations such as maintenance, hard reset, backup, restore and many other. Mostly, CWM is used when users are deciding to apply a beta update or a custom ROM as the tool gives the possibility of flashing a file from the SD card or from the internal memory into the system. Without ClockworkMod Recovery, you will not be able to root your Galaxy S 2 or update its OS.
As usual, before proceeding in applying something on your smartphone you should consider in backing up your data. This operation isn’t coming from Samsung, so the data might get corrupted. In order to save your personal info you should use SMS backup and restore apps for Android, Call log backup and restore tools, sync with Google and use the cloud for backing up the contacts, save the Internet settings, or use a computer or a SD card for storing other files such as images or videos. After getting CWM you will be able to backup the current ROM too, a useful operation especially when you want to apply beta updates on your S2 HD LTE SGH-I757M.
Now, there is one more aspect left before starting the proper guide: the pre requisites. During the following list, you can see what you need to do and to prepare for safely install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE SGH-I757M. Take note that you will have to use a Windows running computer and the phone’s USB cord, so make sure you have access to the same.
- On the PC and on the smartphone deactivate Firewall or any other security programs.
- USB debugging should be enabled on your handset.
- Charge the device or ensure that it has at least 60% power left in the system.
- Apply this tutorial only for the Samsung Galaxy S 2 model number HD LTE SGH-I757M.
- Remember to backup the data.
- Download the proper drivers for your phone from here: download link for 32 bit Windows; download link for 64 bit Windows.
Now you have all that it takes for completing the steps from below. Don’t perform things by yourselves, as you can damage the internal system.
How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Galaxy S2 HD LTE SGH-I757M
- Download the ClockworkMod Recovery file from here; save it to your computer.
- Then, download Odin.
- Unzip Odin on your computer.
- Run the same.
- Reboot your handset.
- Enter in download mode: press and hold the Volume Down button wile powering on.
- Now, on Odin select the “bootloader” option and select the file downloaded in step 1.
- Don’t make any other changes.
- Connect the handset with the computer.
- The “added” message should be displayed. If not re-install the drivers.
- Then, click on “start”.
- Wait until the process ends.
- The phone should reboot by itself.
- Remove the USB cable.
- The “Pass” message should be displayed on Odin.
- For entering in recovery mode you should reboot and while rebooting press and hold on Volume Up and Volume Down while powering on.
There you have it, the how to procedure in which you can install the ClockworkMod Recovery custom recovery image on any Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE SGH-I757M smartphone. You can now perform more complex operations with and on your Android based phone; you can start by searching for tutorials through our Galaxy S2 section and choose the procedure that suits your demands.