CyanogenMod team has started work on Android 4.4.3 KitKat and it has released the first CM 11 Nightly build based on it. Use this tutorial if you want to learn how to flash the custom ROM on your HTC One M7 device.
CM 11 Nightly latest builds are based on Android 4.4.3 and it offers the closest stock KitKat experience you could ever want from a custom ROM.
Learn more about CM and their work by visiting the web page here. Note that this build of CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies isn’t the most stable release so you should be cautious while using it. Before you can start installing the new custom ROM on your device you should first take a look at the preparation guide below:
- use this post only with the HTC One M7 GSM device.
– do not attempt to update any other devices with the files that you will find in this post.
- make sure that your smartphone has an unlocked bootloader.
- your HTC One M7 has to be rooted and have a custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed on it before starting the updating process.
- enable USB Debugging option from Developer Options.
– this will allow you to easily transfer files between your PC and your smartphone.
– this step might come in handy when you will try to move the CM 11 Nightly zip and Gapps to your device.
- in the tutorial you will find the NANDROID ROM Backup and Factory Reset steps, do not skip them.
- in case you’re planning on backing up data from installed apps, SMS text messages and other similar files, then you should try to use Helium for Android.
- make sure to sync Contacts data and info with your default Gmail account.
- this guide will work for advanced users, do not attempt to update your device in case you don’t know how to use a custom Recovery.
- check your device’s battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, this will prevent the device from switching off in the middle of the installation process.
- do not blame us if you brick the phone nor in case you lose files while installing the new CM 11 Nightly ROM.
- read the entire post and make sure that you won’t skip any steps that I’ve listed in the tutorial.
Now that you know all that you’re free to continue with the rest of the process.
How to flash CM 11 Android 4.4.3 Nightlies for HTC One M7:
- Download the CM 11 4.4.3 Nightly zip file from here.
– make sure to download the latest Nightly build possible.
- Download Gapps zip for Android 4.4.x custom ROMs from here.
- Connect the phone to your PC and move both zip files to its internal storage.
– after the transfer is done you can disconnect the phone from PC.
– disregard this step if you’ve downloaded the files straight to your HTC One M7.
- Switch off the HTC One M7.
- Boot the device in Recovery Mode now.
– when the main CWM / TWRP recovery menu appears you can continue to the next step.
- Create a NANDROID Backup for the already installed ROM:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’, name the file and then confirm this process.
– TWRP: press ‘Backup’, rename the file and swipe to confirm backup.
- Now you can apply the Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm.
– TWRP: press ‘Wipe’. Swipe to confirm process.
- Install CM 11 Android 4.4.3 Nightly ROM for your HTC One M7:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and after that select ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install.
– find the CM 11 Nightly zip and load it. Confirm its installation.
- After the new ROM has been installed you can flash Gapps zip as well. Use the same actions as in step 8.
- When you manage to complete the installation of this new CyanogenMod ROM you can reboot your One M7 in normal mode.
– note that the first boot process will take a while and you shouldn’t press any buttons until the home screen appears.
- Use your account info and take control over your device when the boot is complete.
If CM 11 Nightly boot fails at the first attempt, then you should try to repeat the entire process more than once. Make sure that in case you do repeat the installation you will not skip any steps.
Use the comments field if you need any more help.