CyanogenMod team has launched the Stable CM 11 M12 Snapshot build for the HTC One Mini smartphone. Use this tutorial in order to learn how to successfully install it on your device easily without bricking its firmware.
The CM 11 M12 ROM is obviously based on Android 4.4.4 KitKat AOSP, but it also packs tons of cool features and tweaks added by the CyanogenMod team. Learn more about this release here. This is a stable build of CM 11 and you should opt to install the M12 Snapshot ROM file instead of the CM 11 Nightlies. Before starting the installation process you should read the preparation info below:
- use this guide only with the HTC One Mini smartphone.
– your device has the “m4” codename and you shouldn’t attempt installing the file that you will find in this post on any other different Android device.
- your HTC One Mini device has to be rooted and running the latest CWM or TWRP Custom Recovery build.
– both custom recovery versions will work with this new custom ROM.
- before installing the ROM you will need to apply two extra steps: NANDROID Backup and Factory Reset.
– do not skip any of these steps.
– the NANDROID ROM Backup creates a full restore point of HTC One Mini already installed ROM, it can be used to fix your device in case the new CM 11 M12 ROM refuses to boot.
– Factory Reset has to be applied in order to get rid of all the files that were flashed by the previous ROM.
– Factory Reset only wipes content from system partition, while it leaves the internal storage unaffected.
- if you’re looking to save data from installed apps, then you should use the Helium tool for Android devices.
- Contacts data should be synced with your default Gmail account.
- check the battery life of your smartphone and make sure that it is over 50%, this will prevent it from powering down during CM11 M12 installation.
- use this post only if you’re an advanced Android user.
- note that we cannot be blamed in case you end up losing any data in the process.
- read the whole guide and do not skip any steps if you want to complete installation at first attempt.
Continue to the next part of this post in order to learn how to install the new custom Android 4.4.4 ROM.
How to flash CM 11 M12 Snapshot ROM for HTC One Mini:
- Download the CM 11 M12 ROM from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 4.4.x custom ROMs from here.
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB Cable and transfer both zip files on your phone’s internal storage.
– after the files are copied you can disconnect the phone from computer.
– do not unzip the files.
– in case you’ve used the phone to download the files, then you can skip this step.
- Switch off your device and then boot it in CWM / TWRP Custom Recovery Mode.
- Create a NANDROID Backup now:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’.
– TWRP: press ‘Backup’.
– set a file anem and confirm process.
- Apply the Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: press ‘Wipe’ option.
– confirm this process and then continue to the next step.
- Start the CM 11 M12 Snapshot ROM install for your HTC One Mini device:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press ‘Install’ button.
- Find the CM 11 M12 zip file, confirm installation.
- After the Custom ROM is installed you need to find the Gapps zip, too. Confirm its installation.
- When all files are flashed with success you should reboot your phone in normal mode.
– note that the first boot process of CM 11 M12 ROM will take a while before it loads all the new files.
- Use your Google account info or create a new CM profile in order to take control over your device once again.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete the installation of CM 11 M12 ROM for your HTC One Mini.
If the install fails, then you should try to repeat the whole guide. If you do repeat the guide, then you need to make sure that no steps are being skipped and that you will surely apply the ‘factory reset’. For more help use the comments field.