The I9100 International Galaxy S2 smartphone now supports the first stable CM 11 M8 Snapshot build. If you want to install it on your device, then you should use all the info that’s listed in this post.
Note that this CM 11 Snapshot M8 is different from the CM 11 Nightlies and it is much more stable and reliable. If you want to install it on your smartphone, then you should read the guidelines below:
- use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100.
– check the phone’s model number under Settings> About device.
– if the I9100 version is not listed then you can close this guide as it doesn’t work for other devices.
– do not attempt to update any other Android phones with the files that you will find in this post.
- your device has to be rooted.
– also, it should have the latest build of CWM or TWRP custom recovery installed on it.
- in the tutorial you will find two extra steps, the NANDROID ROM Backup and the Factory Reset.
– don’t skip those steps.
– NANDROID Backup is used for the already installed ROM as it sets a restore point for the device.
– Factory Reset is required as you need to remove all data from the previously installed ROM before installing the new CM 11 M8 build.
- if you want to save some data from installed apps or SMS text messages, then you should try to use the Helium tool for Android.
– also you can sync Contacts and People details with your default Gmail account.
- check the Galaxy S2 battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, this prevents the device from switching off during installation.
- use this tutorial only if you’re an advanced user.
- do not blame us in case you brick the phone or you lose any data in the process.
- read the whole guide and don’t skip any steps.
Since you’ve read all of the above now you can continue to the next part of this post and learn how to update your device with a brand new KitKat build.
How to flash CM 11 M8 Snapshot ROM for Galaxy S2 I9100:
- Download the CM 11 M8 Snapshot build from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 4.4.x ROMs from here.
- Connect your phone with your PC and move both zip files to its internal storage.
– disconnect the device from PC when the files are moved.
– do not unzip the files.
– if you’ve used your phone to download the files, then you should ignore this step.
- Power off the Galaxy S2 now.
- Next, boot your device in Recovery Mode.
– both CWM and TWRP will work with this post.
- Create the NANDROID Backup for the already installed ROM:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’, set a filename and confirm.
– TWRP: press Backup. Swipe to confirm process.
- Apply the ‘factory reset':
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm.
– TWRP: press Wipe.
- Install the brand new CM 11 M8 Snapshot:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then select ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install.
- Find the ROM zip file and confirm its installation.
- Return to main custom Recovery screen.
– reboot phone in normal mode.
- Use your Google account or CyanogenMod info and take control over your device.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete the installation of this new CyanogenMod 11 M8 Snapshot for your Galaxy S2 I9100.
In case the guide fails you should try to repeat the whole tutorial more than once. If you need extra help, then you should use the comments field below.