The Galaxy Note 8.0 GSM can now be updated to Android 4.4.4 using the CyanogenMod 11 M9 Snapshot ROM. Use the info below if you wish to learn how to install it on your tablet.
This custom ROM is great and it is one of the most popular builds that you can install on your Galaxy Note 8.0 device. If you wish to learn more about it then you should take a look at the articles here and here.
Before starting the install you should read the guidelines below:
- use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GSM model number N5100.
– check the model version of your device under Settings > About Tablet menu.
– do not attempt to update any other type of device with the files that you will find in this post.
- your tablet has to be rooted and running the latest custom Recovery build.
– both CWM and TWRP are working with this guide.
- in the tutorial you will find two extra preparation steps: NANDROID Backup and Factory Reset.
– the NANDROID Backup creates a full restore point for your device, one that you can use in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
– Factory Reset: this one has to be applied so that you will get rid of all the files that were installed by the previous ROM.
– Factory Reset only wipes the system memory, it doesn’t affect the files stored on the internal nor external storage.
- if you need to save data from applications that are installed on your device, then you can use the Helium app for Android.
– sync Contacts with your Gmail account, too.
- use this post only if you’re an advanced user.
– do not blame us in case you brick your tablet nor in case your end up losing any important data in the process.
- read the whole guide and don’t skip any steps.
- check the battery power level, make sure that it is over 40% before you start the installation.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post.
How to flash CM 11 M9 Snapshot Android 4.4.4 ROM for Galaxy Note 8.0 GSM N5100:
- Download the ROM zip from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 4.4.x from here.
- Connect your tablet to your computer and move both zip files onto your device’s internal storage.
– do not unzip the archived contents.
– if you’ve downloaded the files straight to your device, then you can skip this step.
- Disconnect the tablet from PC and then power it off.
- Boot the tablet in custom Recovery Mode.
- First, create a NANDROID ROM Backup:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’.
– TWRP: press Backup.
– set a name for the file and confirm the ROM backup process.
- Now, apply the Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: press Wipe.
– confirm process.
- Install the new CM 11 M9 KitKat 4.4.4 ROM now:
– CWM: select the ‘install zip from sdcard’ option and then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install option.
- Find the ROM zip file and confirm the process.
- After the ROM is flashed you can install Gapps zip, too. Confirm the process.
- When all the new files are flashed you can reboot the device in normal mode.
- Use your Google Account info or create your own CM profile and take control over your device once again.
These were the steps that you had to follow in order to make sure that you successfully install the CyanogenMod 11 M9 Android 4.4.4 ROM for your Galaxy Note 8.0 GSM device.
In case the process fails, then you should try to repeat the whole guide more than once and make sure that you won’t skip any steps in the process. Use the comments field, too, in case you need extra help with the installation.