CyanogenMod 11 M9 ROM is now live for the Google Nexus 10 tablet. Use this tutorial if you wish to learn how to successfully install it on your device.
CM 11 M9 Snapshot is based on Android 4.4.4 KitKat AOSP and it features tons of other extra elements added by the CyanogenMod team. If you wish to learn more about this release, then you should read here and here.
Before starting the installation of CM 11 M9 on your tablet you should first take a look at the preparation guide below:
- use the ‘how-to guide’ only with the Google Nexus 10 ‘Manta’.
– check the About Device section and make sure that it says ‘manta’ under ‘Model’.
– do not try to update any other tablets with the files that you will find in this post.
- your Nexus 10 has to be rooted and running the latest CWM or TWRP Recovery image.
- in the tutorial you will find two extra steps: the NANDROID ROM Backup and Factory Reset.
– NANDROID Backup: it creates a full restore point for your tablet, one that you can use in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
– Factory Reset: this step has to be applied so that you will get rid of all the files installed by the previous ROM.
– the Factory Reset will not wipe any data from internal storage, it will only delete the system memory.
- if you want to save some data from installed apps then you can use Helium for Android.
– Contacts info can be synced with your Gmail account.
- this is a guide for advanced users, do not blame us in case you end up bricking your Nexus 10 tablet.
- note that the battery charge level of your device has to be over 40%, this will prevent it from switching off during installation.
- read the whole guide and make sure not to skip any steps if you wish for the tutorial to install correctly.
Now that you’ve gone past all of the above you can now continue to the next part of this post.
How to flash CM 11 M9 Android 4.4.4 ROM for Google Nexus 10:
- Download the CM 11 M9 Snapshot ROM zip from here.
- Download Gapps for this Android 4.4.x ROM from here.
- Connect the Nexus 10 to your PC via USB Cable. Move both zip files on your tablet’s internal storage.
– after the files are copied you can disconnect the device from PC.
– in case you’ve downloaded the files straight to your tablet, then you can skip this step.
– do not unzip the files.
- Switch off the Google Nexus 10 and after that boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
– both CWM and TWRP Recovery versions will work with this guide.
- First thing you need to do is to create a full NANDROID ROM Backup:
– CWM: select the ‘backup and restore’ option.
– TWRP: press Backup.
– set a name for the file and confirm process.
- Now apply the Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: press Wipe.
– confirm this process.
- Start the CM 11 M9 Snapshot ROM installation for your Nexus 10:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install.
– find the CM 11 M9 Snapshot ROM and confirm the process.
- After the new OS is flashed you can flash Gapps zip, too. Use the same options as in step 7.
- Reboot the tablet in normal mode after all files are flashed with success.
– note that the first boot process of CyanogenMod 11 M9 will take a while before it loads all new files.
- Use your Google account or create a new CM profile in order to take control over your device once again.
These were the steps that you had to take in order to complete the installation of CM 11 M9 Android 4.4.4 Stable ROM for your Google Nexus 10.
In case you need more help you should use the comments field below.
Note that in case your device doesn’t boot, then you will have to repeat the whole guide more than once, make sure that you don’t skip any steps and that you will apply the ‘factory reset’. After this you have to apply the ‘format /system’ option, too.