The official CM 12.1 Stable builds are now live for all the Verizon HTC One M7 devices. Check the instructions listed in this article in order to learn how to flash the new custom ROM on your smartphone.
CM 12.1 custom ROM is based on the AOSP Android 5.1.1 Lollipop releases, but you will find tons of extra features and functions designed by the CyanogenMod team. Check the following guidelines below before starting the installation:
- use this post only with the Verizon model of HTC One M7.
– do not try to flash the files listed in this post on any other different One M7 device.
- your smartphone has to be rooted and running a custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP.
– the installed custom Recovery needs to be upgraded to its latest version, so that it will support the latest Android 5.1.1-based custom ROMs.
- in the how-to part of this guide you can find two extra preparation steps: the NANDROID Backup and the Factory Reset ones.
– the NANDROID Backup creates a complete restore point for the installed OS, it can be used to fix your smartphone in case the new CM 12.1 ROM doesn’t boot.
– the ‘factory reset’ has to be applied in order to remove the old ROM and allow you to install a brand new CM 12.1 Stable ROM on your phone.
– the factory reset wipes system partition, but it won’t delete any data from internal storage.
– you will lose instead all the installed apps and their data.
- if you want to save any data from apps, then you can use the Helium tool for Android.
- sync Contacts info with your default Gmail account.
- this guide has to be applied by advanced users only, we cannot be held responsible in case you end up losing any files nor in case you brick your device.
- read the whole tutorial and make sure not to skip any steps.
- you should check the battery charge level of your Verizon One M7 device, as it has to be over 50% so that it will prevent it from powering off during installation.
In case you like how this new CM 12.1 Stable ROM works with your device, then you can keep installing future new builds using CyanogenMod Updates menu under Settings> About Phone section.
How to install CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 ROM for Verizon HTC One M7:
- Download the CM 12.1 SNAPSHOT zip from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 5.1.1-based ROMs here.
- Connect your phone to PC and transfer both zip files on to its internal storage.
– after the files are copied you can disconnect the device from PC.
– do not unzip the files.
- Power off your device.
- Now boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
- First you will need to create a full restore point for your device:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’.
– TWRP: select ‘backup’.
– set a name for the file and confirm process.
- Apply the ‘factory reset’:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option.
– TWRP select ‘wipe’ options.
- Install CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Stable ROM now:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: select ‘install’.
- Find the CM 12.1 Snapshot zip and confirm the installation.
- When the new ROM is done flashing all of its new files, then you can install the Gapps zip too.
- Reboot your device in normal mode after all the new files are done installing on your device.
NOTE: your phone will take at least 10-15 minutes to complete the first boot process. Don’t press any buttons until all the boot is complete.
You can use your default Gmail account in order to regain complete control over your device again.
If the installation fails, the device gets stuck at the boot animation screen for more than 30 minutes without doing anything or it has entered in a boot loop, then you will be forced to try and repeat the whole tutorial more than once.
Make sure that in case you do repeat installation, then you will make sure not to skip any steps and that your smartphone meets all the requirements listed above this guide.