This is the guide that you should use in order to learn how to successfully flash the new CM 13.0 Stable SNAPSHOT build on your Motorola Moto E 2015 model. Check the guidelines listed below in order to learn how to flash the brand new official custom ROM for your device.
If you want to learn more about the CyanogenMod custom ROM builds you should check the CM blog here. Check the following guidelines in order to learn how to successfully flash the new firmware:
Use this post only with the Motorola Moto E 2015 devices. Do not attempt to update any other smartphones with the files that are listed in this post.
For the Android 6.0.1 CM 13.0 ROM to successfully install you will need to have a rooted device and a custom Recovery installed on it.
The installed custom CWM or TWRP Recovery has to be updated to its latest build, so that it supports the brand new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow-based custom ROM releases.
In the tutorial part of this post you can find two extra preparation steps like NANDROID Backup and the Factory Reset.
NANDROID Backup creates a restore point for your device, one that you can use in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode. The Factory Reset process has to be applied in order to remove the old custom ROM from your device.
Factory Resetting the phone won’t remove any data from internal storage.
If you need to save data from installed applications, then you can use the Helium tool for Android.
Check your phone’s battery charge level and make sure that there is at least 40% battery charge left before it switches off completely.
Read the whole post and do not skip any steps.
How to flash CM 13.0 Stable SNAPSHOT ROM for Motorola Moto E 2015:
- Download the CM 13.0 ROM zip from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 6.0.1 ROMs from here.
- Transfer the files on to your phone’s internal storage after the downloads are done.
– when the files are done copying you can disconnect the device from PC.
– do not unzip the zip contents.
- Power off the phone.
- Boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
- Create a NANDROID Backup for the installed ROM:
– for CWM select the ‘backup and restore’ option.
– for TWRP select ‘backup’.
– confirm process.
- Now you can factory reset the device:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: select ‘wipe’ option.
- Start the CM 13.0 Stable ROM installation:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: select ‘install’ option.
- Find the CM 13.0 SNAPSHOT zip file and confirm its flashing process.
- Install the Gapps zip after the custom ROM is done installing on your device.
- When installation is done you can reboot your device in normal mode.
If you need more help completing the tutorial then you should tell us in comments.
In case the flashing process fails, then you should try to repeat the whole tutorial more than once. If you do repeat installation you should make sure not to skip any steps and that you will make sure that your phone meets all requirements listed above the tutorial.