The CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow Nightlies are now life for all the T-Mobile LG G4 smartphones. If you’re looking to install this new custom ROM on your device, then you should check the instructions listed below.
The CM 13 Nightlies are based on the AOSP Android 6.0 Custom ROMs, as you will get all the stock Android features and functions as well as tons of extra goodies designed by the CyanogenMod team. Check the CyanogenMod blog page here for more info on this release.
Before starting the installation process of this new custom ROM you will need to check some guidelines and make sure that your phone meets all requirements.
This tutorial will work only with the T-Mobile LG G4 devices.
Your phone’s model number has to be H811.
Check your phone’s model by going to Settings> About Phone menu.
Don’t attempt to flash any file you find in this post on any other different LG G4 devices.
Your LG G4 device has to be rooted and it should be running a custom Recovery based on either CWM or TWRP Recovery images.
The installed custom Recovery has to be upgraded to its latest version, so that it will support the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM installations.
In the ‘how-to’ part of this post you will find two extra preparation steps like NANDROID Backup and the Factory Reset ones.
The Nandroid Backup creates a full restore point for your device, one that you can use in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
The Factory Reset process wipes clean the system partition, but it won’t delete any data from internal storage.
Factory Resetting the device will make sure that the old ROM is removed and that the new CM 13 Nightly build will complete the first boot.
If you need to save data from installed applications, then you should use the Helium tool for Android.
Sync Contacts and People details with your default Gmail account.
Use the tutorial only in case you are an advanced user, we cannot be blamed in case you brick the device nor in case you lose any important data files.
Read the whole post and do not skip any steps.
Check the battery power level and make sure that there is at least 50% left before the device powers off.
After you complete the installation you should check the CyanogenMod Updates menu under Settings> About Phone section. It will tell you if there are any new official CM 13 Nightly builds available for download.
How to flash CM 13 Nightly Android 6.0 ROM for T-Mobile LG G4:
- Download the CM 13 Nightly zip from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 6.0 / CM 13 ROMs from here.
- Connect your phone to your PC and transfer both zip files to your phone’s internal storage.
– after the transfers are done you can continue to the next step and disconnect the phone from PC.
– do not unzip the files.
- Power off your phone.
- Boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
- Create the NANDROID Backup for the ROM that’s already installed on your device:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’ option.
– TWRP: select ‘backup.
– set a name for this file and confirm process.
- Factory Reset your device:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: select ‘wipe’.
- Start the CM13 Nightly installation for LG G4 T-Mobile:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: select ‘install’.
- Find the CM 13 zip file and confirm the installation.
- After the flashing process is done you can install the Gapps zip in the same way.
- Reboot the phone in normal mode only when all the files are done installing.
– note that the first boot process of this new custom ROM will take somewhere around ten minutes to complete.
- Use your usual Google account in order to regain complete control over your device.
If you need more help completing this guide, then you should tell us in comments.
If the installation fails, then you can choose to repeat the whole tutorial more than once. But, make sure that your phone meets all requirements and that you won’t be skipping any of the steps above.