The CM 13 Nightly builds is now live for all the LG G3 Sprint models. If you want to install this custom ROM on your device, then you should check the guidelines listed in this post.
The official CyanogenMod 13 Nightly builds are based on the Android 6.0.1 AOSP releases, but you will also get tons of extra goodies designed by the CyanogenMod team. If you want to learn more about this release then you can check here at the CM blog page.
Use this post only with the LG G3 Sprint models.
Do not attempt to update any other LG G3 models with the files that you will find in this post. If you want to install CM 13 Nightly builds on a different G3 model, then you should check the “lg g3 update” section here.
Your LG G3 Sprint device is rooted and it should have a custom Recovery build that is based on CWM or TWRP Recovery build.
The installed custom Recovery has to be updated to its latest build, so that it will support the new Android 6.0.1 Lollipop builds.
In the ‘how-to’ part of this tutorial you will find two extra preparation steps like NANDROID Backup and Factory Reset. Don’t skip these steps.
The NANDROID Backup creates a full restore point for your device, one that you can use in case the new CM 13 Nightly ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
The Factory Reset process wipes clean the system partition, it removes the old custom ROM and it allows your device to complete first CM 13 boot.
Factory Resetting your device won’t remove any data files from internal storage.
In case you need to save any data from installed apps, then you can try the Helium app.
Use this tutorial post only in case you are an advanced user, we cannot be blamed in case you brick your device nor in case you lose any important data.
Check the battery charge level of your phone, make sure that it is over 50%, as it prevents your device from powering off during the installation process.
After the CM 13 is installed you can check for new Nightly builds availability by going to Settings> About Phone> CyanogenMod Updates menu.
How to flash CM 13 Android 6.0.1 Nightly ROM for Sprint LG G3:
- Download the CM 13 Nightly zip file from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 6.0 / CM 13 ROMs from here.
- Move both zip files to your phone’s internal storage.
– disconnect the phone from PC after the files are copied successfully.
– do not unzip the files.
- Power off your smartphone.
- Now boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
- Create the NANDROID Backup for the ROM that’s installed on your device:
– CWM: select the ‘backup and restore’ option, set a name for the file and confirm process.
– TWRP: select ‘backup’, select the system files that you want to backup and continue to the next step.
- Apply ‘factory reset’ for your device:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: select ‘wipe’ option.
- Start CM 13 Nightly ROM installation:
– for CWM select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: select ‘install’ option.
- Find the CM 13 zip file and confirm the installation process.
- When the custom ROM is done installing on your device you can flash the Gapps zip, too. Use the same actions as in step 8 in order to flash the Gapps files.
- When the update is done you can reboot your device in normal mode.
– note that you shouldn’t press any buttons until the first boot process of CM 13 ROM is done.
- Use the default login data in order to regain complete control over your device once again.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete the CM 13 Android 6.0.1 ROM on your LG G3 Sprint phone.
If the first boot process of this new custom ROM doesn’t complete in under ten minutes, then you will be forced to repeat the installation process. If you repeat the installation then you need to make sure that you won’t skip any steps and that your phone meets all requirements listed above the tutorial.
Also, if you need any extra help completing this guide, then you should tell us in comments.