The CyanogenMod team has released the official CM 13 Nightlies for all the US HTC One A9 smartphones. Check the info listed below in order to learn how to successfully flash this new custom ROM on your device.
The CM 13 Nightly build is based on the AOSP Android 6.0 releases, so you will be getting all the stock Marshmallow features, apps and all the other great tweaks designed by the CyanogenMod team. You should check the CyanogenMod blog page in order to learn more about this release of CM 13.
Note that the installation of this new custom ROM has to be applied by advanced users only. In case you stumble during the installation process, then you will have to tell us in comments and we will try to find a solution for you. Make sure to list all the steps you took and where you got stuck during installation.
Read the following guidelines before starting the installation of CM 13 Nightly on your One A9:
- use this post only with the HTC One A9 United States model.
- don’t try to flash the files that you will find in this post on any other different HTC One devices.
- your device has to be running a rooted firmware and it should also run a custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP.
– the installed custom Recovery can be based on either CWM 0r TWRP Recovery versions, so that you will be able to flash custom ROMs.
– also, make sure that the installed Recovery is upgraded to its latest version, so that it supports the latest Android 6.0 custom ROM installations.
- you will find two extra preparation steps in this guide, like the NANDROID Backup and the Factory Reset ones.
– the NANDROID Backup creates a full restore point for your device.
– the restore point can be used to fix your phone in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
– the ‘factory reset’ process will remove all data from system partition, but it won’t delete any data from the internal storage.
– factory resetting the device will remove all installed apps.
- if you need to save any data from various apps, then you should try the Helium tool for Android to backup files.
– don’t use Titanium Backup as it isn’t supported by CM 13 ROMs.
- read the whole post and do not skip any steps.
- check the battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, as it will prevent the phone from powering off during the installation process.
After you complete the CM 13 installation you should continue checking for new builds by going to Settings> About Phone> CyanogenMod Updates menu.
These Nightly builds are released more times once a week, so you should be checking out the CM Updates menu periodically and make sure that you are running the latest build at all times.
How to flash CM 13 Android 6.0 Nightly ROM for HTC One A9 (US):
- Download the CM 13 Nightly zip from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 6.0 ROMs from here.
- Move both zip files on your phone’s internal storage.
– do not unzip the contents.
– after the files are copied you can disconnect the device from computer.
- Switch off your device.
- Now you can boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
– that’s a guide for HTC One M8 recovery mode boot, but it works with the One A9 device too.
- First thing that you need to do is to create a NANDROID Backup file:
– for CWM-based Recoveries you should select ‘backup and restore’ menu.
– for TWRP select ‘backup’ option.
– select all files to backup and confirm process.
- Start the Factory Reset now:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: select ‘wipe’.
- Now you can initiate the CM 13 Android 6.0 Nightly flashing:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: select ‘install’.
- Find the CM 13 zip and confirm installation.
- After the custom ROM is done installing you can flash the Gapps zip, too.
- When all files are done flashing you can reboot your phone in normal mode.
Use your default Google account or create a new CM profile in order to regain complete control over your device once again.
Note that the first boot process of this new CM 13 Nightly ROM will take more than usual to boot, so you should wait for the “optimizing apps” screen to appear in order to know that the installation was successful.
If the first boot process of this new ROM takes too long to complete or the phone enters in a boot loop, then you will be forced to try and repeat the installation more than once.
Remember that you can continue flashing future new CM 13 Nightlies by going to CyanogenMod Updates section under About Phone menu. Note that the CM team will launch a stable build of CM 13, too, it will be called a SNAPSHOT. Make sure to flash that one when it gets released, so that you will get the best out of your device.