The CyanogenMod team has finally published the first CM 14.1 Nougat Nightly builds for all the G Pad 8.3 tablets. Check the info in this post in order to learn how to successfully flash the new custom ROM manually.
CM 14.1 Nightly ROMs are based on the stock Android 7.1 Nougat OS builds. You can learn more about this new release at CyanogenMod’s blog post here. The new custom ROMs are still in their “Nightly” stage which means that you will find some errors and bugs while testing them.
Check the following guidelines before flashing the new custom ROM:
- use this tutorial only in case you are an advanced user.
– we cannot be blamed in case you end up bricking your device nor in case you lose any important data files in the process.
- this guide has to be used only with the LG G Pad 8.3 devices.
– do not use the tutorial for any other different G Pad models.
– the model number of your tablet has to be the V500 one.
- your tablet has to run a rooted firmware, and it should sport the TWRP Custom Recovery.
– the latest custom Recovery has to be upgraded to its latest version, so that it supports the new CM 14.1 / Android 7.1 ROM installation.
- in the how-to part of this tutorial you will be asked to apply two extra steps: NANDROID Backup for the installed ROM and the Factory Reset.
– these steps shouldn’t be skipped.
– the NANDROID Backup step will create a complete restore file for your G Pad tablet.
– the Factory Reset wipes clean the system partition, and it makes room for the installation of CM 14.1 Nightly build.
– the Factory Reset won’t delete any data from the internal storage of your tablet.
- in case you need to save any data from installed apps you can use Helium tool for Android.
- don’t skip any steps and make sure that your tablet meets all requirements before starting the flashing process.
- check the battery charge of your tablet, there needs to be over 50% charge left.
Now you can get to the next part of this post.
How to Flash CM 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat Nightly ROM for LG G Pad 8.3:
- Download CM 14.1 Nightly for “v500” from here.
- Download Gapps for Nougat 7.1 ROMs from here.
- When the downloads are done you can move both zip files to your tablet’s internal storage.
– do not unzip the files.
– disconnect the tablet from PC after the files are copied with success.
- Power off your device.
- Boot the LG G Pad 8.3 in TWRP Custom Recovery Mode.
- First thing you need to do is to setup the NANDROID Backup for the installed ROM.
Select ‘Backup’ option, select the system files you wish to save and confirm process.
- Now you can Factory Reset the phone.
– select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option and confirm.
- Start CM 14.1 installation by tapping the INSTALL button from the TWRP Recovery menu.
Find the CM 14.1 zip file and load it, then confirm the installation process.
– do not press anything until the flashing process is done installing.
- After the custom ROM is done installing you can flash the Gapps zip, too.
- Reboot your tablet in normal mode after the custom ROM is done installing.
- Use your default login data in order to regain control over your smartphone once again.
These were the steps that you had to take in order to finish installing CM 14.1 Nightly Nougat ROM for your LG G Pad 8.3 devices.
In case you need any extra help completing the installation, then you can tell us in comments.