This is custom ROM with a weird ROM but since it is based on ParanoidAndroid ROM, then it can be considered a stable release and, you can use this post to learn how to successfully flash it on your phablet device.
Most of its features are from other ROM builds as you will notice that it contains the ParanoidAndroid DPI preferences, customization features from other ROMs and the developers, TeamPassion, own tweaks and builds. It also contains the CyanogenMod memory leak fix. The ROM is pretty stable and you shouldn’t find any major bugs while using it.
Cookies & Cream custom ROM is based on the Android 4.1.2, ParanoidAndroid and CodenameAndroid ROMs. Also, it uses the CyanogenMod kernel and this means that it is a stable release. This package has been bundled together by neobuddy89 from XDA community forums. In order to correctly flash this update, you will have to read the guidelines listed below as you will find important steps to take and make sure that you will flash Cookies and Cream Jelly Bean custom ROM at your first attempt. Here’s what you need to know:
- Use this tutorial only with the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 device. Do not attempt to flash this ROM on any other Android smartphone or tablet, as you will end up bricking them.
- Your device has to be rooted and running CWM Recovery, obviously.
- Use CWM recovery mode to create a full NANDROID backup of the current ROM. It will set a restore point for your phone in case something goes wrong and you cannot use the device after installing the new ROM.
- Move all your important data to the internal SD card as the tutorial will tell you to wipe all data from your phone’s system partition.
- Create a backup list of your currently installed apps, save the SMS, Call Logs and the APN Internet Settings using the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore | AppBack for Android. Root access will be required for some of these apps.
- Sync the Contacts application with the Gmail account. Enter the same Google account after installing the new ROM.
- Charge the phone’s battery so that it won’t power off during the install.
- Note that we cannot be held responsible in case something goes wrong and you cannot use your phone after applying all these changes. You’re the only one taking risks and that is why it would be better if only advanced users use this guide.
- Read the entire post and make sure that you don’t skip any steps, as that will not complete the install.
- NOTE: The ROM that is currently running on your device should be AOSP or CM9/ CM10 based. This new custom ROM is not compatible with any other ROM kernels besides the ones used for those versions.
These were all the extra instructions that you had to read and now it would be better if you’d move on to the next part.
How to flash Cookies & Cream Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note N7000:
- Download the custom ROM from HERE. Place the file on your computer desktop screen and do not extract any of its files.
- Download the Gapps file from HERE.
- Download the Notification Patch zip file from HERE.
- When all the above zip files are downloaded successfully, you have to move them on to your Galaxy Note’s internal SD card. When the transfer is complete you should disconnect your device from the computer.
- Now, boot it into CWM Recovery mode. It can be done by pressing at the same time the following buttons: volume up, home and power. Release the buttons when the screen flickers and the ClockworkMod Recovery screen appears. When the CWM Recovery loads you should select the ‘backup and restore’ option. If you already have such backup then you should get to the next step.
- Select the ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option and then confirm this process.
- Next, select ‘mounts and storage’ option and then select ‘format system’. Confirm this process.
- Now select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and from the new menu select ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the Cookies & Cream custom ROM zip and confirm its installation process.
- After the ROM is installed you should again select ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the Notification Spacing Patch zip and confirm that you want to install it. Repeat this step and install the Gapps file also.
- When all files have been installed with success, you should return to the main recovery screen.
- Choose ‘reboot system now’ and confirm.
- The first boot process with this new Jelly Bean 4.1.2 custom ROM won’t take more than 7 minutes. Enter your Google Account details when you’re welcomed by the Cookies and Cream ROM home screen.
Now that you’ve completed the installation, start testing all of its features and make sure to tell us in comments if you find any errors or bugs.
NOTE: In case the first boot process takes too long to complete, you should power off the device and then you will need to repeat the entire tutorial once again until you manage to flash all the Cookies & Cream Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Custom ROM on your Galaxy Note N7000. Make sure that you apply the actions listed at steps 6 and 7. Also, remember that this tutorial will work only with Galaxy Note N7000 devices that are already running a ROM based on CM9/ CM10 or on another AOSP build.
If you try to flash the Cookies and Cream JB 4.1.2 custom ROM over a stock ICS or ROM, your device will end up being bricked. That is why this tutorial should be used only by an advanced Android user.
If you have any other questions, post them in comments. Remember to enter the same Google Account you had before so that all Contacts will be restored to your device.