Install crDroid AOSP Android 4.3 custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505
crDroid is another Android 4.3 custom ROM that has been released for the Samsung Galaxy S4 International LTE phone. Read this entire tutorial if you want to learn how to successfully update your device with this new ROM.
More info about this crDroid ROM can be found in this XDA thread here. It is mostly based on CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM and Android 4.3 AOSP. In order to make sure that you successfully flash this new ROM you will first need to take a look at the preparation guide below:
- This tutorial works exclusively with the International Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE model number I9505.
- Don’t attempt to update any other Galaxy S4 variants with the files you find in this post.
- The Galaxy S4 that you’re about to update should be rooted, factory unlocked and running a custom Recovery image such as CWM or TWRP.
- A factory reset will be required for this new ROM to install successfully.
- Factory Reset deletes all contents from your phone’s system partition, while the data stored on internal and external sdcards won’t be affected in the process.
- Save data from installed applications using the following tools for Android: Titanium Backup (here) or Helium (here).
- SMS, Call Logs info and APN Internet Settings can be backed up using these apps: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore.
- Also, if you want to backup phone numbers and other contacts info, then you should sync this type of data with your Gmail account.
- this guide here will help you in case you don’t know how to sync Gmail account with data from Android smartphones.
- It is highly recommended for you to create a full NANDROID Backup for the ROM that is currently installed on your device. This step can be found in the tutorial.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- Read the entire post and don’t skip any steps.
- This tutorial is for advanced Android users, you shouldn’t blame us in case the Galaxy S4 LTE gets bricked nor in case you lose any important files.
- If you cannot complete the tutorial, then you should ask for more help in comments.
How to update Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 with crDroid AOSP Android 4.3 custom ROM:
- Download the crDroid AOSP Build 7 ROM from here.
- crDroid developer will launch new builds constantly and you can follow the XDA thread (here) for the latest releases.
- Download Gapps for Android 4.3 custom ROMs from here.
- Connect your smartphone with your PC using the USB cable.
- Move both zip files to your phone’s internal storage and then unplug the SGS4 from computer.
- Boot your smartphone in CWM or TWRP Recovery Mode.
- both custom recovery variants will work with this tutorial.
- Create the NANDROID Backup for your current ROM:
- CWM: select ‘backup and restore’, then save the backup to your device’s internal storage.
- TWRP: press Backup and then create the NANDROID save.
- Next, apply a factory reset for your phone:
- CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm.
- TWRP: press Wipe, then Factory Reset. Confirm the process.
- Now you can install the crDroid AOSP Android 4.3 ROM:
- CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the ROM zip file and confirm its installation.
- TWRP: press Install, then find the ROM, load it into TWRP. Confirm.
- After the ROM is installed, repeat step 8 and install Gapps zip.
- When both files are installed, return to the main custom Recovery screen.
- Reboot your device in normal mode.
- Enter the Google Account credentials and take control over your device once again.
These were the steps you had to take. If you have any other questions or you’re having troubles completing the installation of crDroid Android 4.3 ROM on your Galaxy S4 LTE, then you should ask for more help in comments.