If you have rooted your LG Optimus G Pro F240 (if not check our suitable tutorial and learn how to do the same – click on the link from above) then the next step to complete, in case you are looking forward in tweaking your phablet, is to install a custom recovery image. So, if you choose to follow and perform this step by step guide, you will be able to learn how to flash CWM recovery on the Optimus G Pro. Of course, after this you can finally update your device with a custom ROM firmware, so let’s get started.
CWM recovery is one of the most used custom recovery images for the Android system, the tool being extremely popular among worldwide Android users. Furthermore CWM recovery can be flashed on almost all the Android based handsets whether we are talking about low range or high range smartphones or tablets. Therefore, you have nothing to worry about as CWM recovery will smoothly run on your LG Optimus G Pro too. Anyway, do read all the lines from below if you want to safely install the app on your phone.
By using CWM recovery you will be able to perform several operations that cannot be applied by using the stock Android recovery that comes pre-installed on your Optimus G Pro. So, once the tool is installed, you will be able to use its features for completing operations like: maintenance, hard reset, backup, restoration, install .zip files from the SD card, customization, optimization and lot more. As you can see, a custom recovery image will be required each time you want to upgrade or power up the performances of your phablet.
Next, we will be checking on which the pre requisites are. During the next list I have mentioned the preparation tasks, so take your time and check the same. Don’t skip this section as it is the most relevant one; in case you choose to apply the installation procedure without completing the pre requisites, you will risk in bricking your handset, so be careful and try not to mess things up.
- In order to apply this step by step guide your LG Optimus G Pro must be rooted. CWM recovery can be installed only on an unchained system.
- Take note that by gaining root access the warranty will get void, which means that by now you have already lost it. That’s why you need to be careful in what you apply and flash on your phablet.
- Do remember that you can anytime restore the warranty by downgrading or updating to stock / official Android software.
- Backup the G Pro data before going any further, or else you will end up in losing all of your personal saves and info. Therefore save the contacts list, call logs, text messages, market apps and everything else you need to.
- Make sure that you can use a computer or notebook as some files will have to be downloaded on the same (also your device and its USB cord will be used too).
- Deactivate or uninstall if possible all the antivirus and security programs that are running on both computer and Optimus G Pro; else you will not be able to install the CWM recovery tool.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your handset, or else you will not be able to properly connect your phone with the computer.
- Also, it will be a good idea and it is recommended to charge your phablet if you notice that it has less than 50% power remained. Else, the device might get turned off while you are trying to flash the custom recovery image.
This step by step guide has been designed to work only for the LG Optimus G Pro model number F240, which means that the steps from below can be applied only on the mentioned handset. Don’t use this tutorial on a similar or different phone as you will risk in bricking your device.
How to Install CWM Recovery on LG Optimus G Pro F240
- Download the lte2jbrecovery.zip file from here.
- Save the same on your computer or notebook.
- Now, connect your phablet with the computer via USB cable.
- Then, copy-paste or drag and drop the downloaded file from the computer to your device.
- You can unplug the USB cable now.
- As you are dealing with an .apk file you need to install a file explorer (ES File Explorer, for example) on your smartphone.
- Now, by using athe file explorer go to the location of lte2jbrecovery.apk and install the app.
- Run the app from your app drawer.
- Then, just tap on 2nd-init Recovery.
- Up next, tap on “Reboot recovery”.
- Wait until your device reboots as you are done.
Congratulations you have installed the CWM recovery app on your LG Optimus G Pro. If you had problems while triyng to complete the above steps, or if you don’t understand something, use the comments area from below and share the issues with us and with other users as well; we will then try to resolve the problems for you.
Anyway, now your phablet is prepared for a custom ROM firmware. Stay close as we will bring suitable guides for you along with many other Android related tips and tricks.