Install CyanogenMod 10.1 MMS app for Android 4.1 and higher ROM smartphones (Emoji and Quick Reply Features are included)
CyanogenMod team is always working on some new apps and ways to impress Android users. Now, they’ve managed to create a full Android MMS app that can be used as default multimedia message service instead of your device’s stock Android MMS application. Use this tutorial and you will learn how to successfully install the CyanogenMod 10.1 MMS application on your Android device.
It is very similar to the stock app but you will get some extra features such as the Emoji emoticons, Quick Reply pop-up, SMS templates gestures, stripping unicode support etc. In order to make sure that this new application will work for your device, you should first make sure that your device is running ROM that is Android 4.1 or higher. Also, your smartphone should be rooted if your want the CM 10.1 MMS apk to work on it.
Here’s how to install the CyanogenMod 10.1 MMS application on your Android 4.1 or higher device:
- Download the MMS apk file from HERE. If the file downloaded is not named MMS.apk, then you should rename it to ‘mms.apk’ before getting to step 2.
- Connect your Android device to your PC using the USB cable.
- Now copy the MMS apk file on to its internal SDcard. NOTE: You should remember where you’ve placed it.
- Disconnect the phone from PC.
- Go to Google Play Store and download the Root Browser Free. NOTE: You can use any other application that allows you to open, install and delete system apps.
- Open the Root Browse and then select ‘sdcard’.
- Find the MMS.apk file and long press it. Now, select ‘copy’ and two buttons, ‘paste’ and ‘cancel’ buttons will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Use the ‘back’ button and return to the main menu. Select ‘system’ and then ‘app’.
- Now you can click ‘paste’ option button. NOTE: in case you’re being told that the MMS apk is already there then you will have to select the option that says’ overwrite’.
- That should do it, the MMS app by CyanogenMod 10.1 has been installed.
- Restart your device and after that you will be able to use.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete the installation. If you have any other questions regarding the process, then you should ask for more help in comments and I will try to offer you a better solution.
Make sure to test the new application and tell us in comments if you like how it works, and if you found any bugs. Remember that this is an APK that will work exclusively with Android 4.1 and higher ROMs, which is why you shouldn’t attempt to install it on older variant of Android OS.