How to Install CyanogenMod 9 on Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670
The budget friendly Samsung Galaxy Fit can now be updated to Ice Cream Sandwich; this is possible thanks to the CyanogenMod team who developed and tested their custom ROM on the mentioned device. So, for learning how to update and install the CyanogenMod 9 ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware on your Galaxy Fit you must follow this new step by step guide. We will be checking the features which will be added into the phone’s system, what you need to prepare so you can apply the software and what to do in order to flash the firmware correctly.
CyanogenMod 9, or just CM 9, is a powerful tool that once flashed is bringing important features and capabilities for improving the performances of your Android powered handset / tablet. It can be installed easily, though if you don’t know exactly what to do the phone’s system might get damaged. Also is one of the most popular ROMs available for the Android platform. In a few words, with CM 9 on board, your Galaxy Fit will offer more speed, an improved battery life, a user friendly interface and much more; the OS will be opened for changes, for optimization and customization operations.
We all know that the Samsung Galaxy Fit is not a high end smartphone, its specs being let’s say, decent enough for pleasing an entry level customer with low expectations. That’s why it’s so important to learn how to install CyanogenMod 9 into its system. Don’t forget that the ROM is featuring the Ice Cream Sandwich firmware too, an OS update being more than necessarily.
Now, CM 9 has nothing to do with Samsung. That means it isn’t an official tool released by the company. Furthermore, for applying the same on your Fit you must first gain root access over its operating system. This leads to a major negative aspect: the warranty will be void. If you somehow wreck your device, you will be on your own. You can regain the warranty only if you revert to the older and official OS and if you decide to re-lock the bootloader.
Now, in order to apply the update you must have access to a computer, to your phone and to its USB cord. It’s recommended to backup the handset first. As you will see during the steps, the data stored on your Fit will get void. So, don’t hesitate and save your personal info. For completing this task you can use our previous step by step guides:
- Download SMS backup and restore apps for Android.
- Sync contacts with Gmail account.
- Download call log backup and restore for Android.
- Use the PC, or the phone’s SD card for other data.
Also, before starting, make sure you read and complete the following:
- You must be sure that your Fit is having enough battery life (minimum 60%). But, if you want to avoid the unpleasant situations charge it first.
- Firewall and any other security tools that run on the computer or on your smartphone should be disabled.
- Remember to root the Galaxy Fit.
- Enable USB debugging from your handset’s settings: “Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
You can now safely proceed to the next and also final section of the present tutorial. Do as explained in the steps; don’t complete things by your own.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670 with CyanogenMod 9 ICS firmware
- Download the CM 9 package from here and place the same on the computer.
- Connect the phone with the computer by using its USB cord.
- Take your device and turn it off (disconnect it first from the PC).
- You must enter in recovery mode.
- If you don’t know how reboot the phone by holding down the Menu Button while you power it on.
- In the menu that opens choose to perform a full wipe by selecting “Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Then, from the recovery menu select to install the firmware by selecting “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- Then wait until the process ends.
- You should be back on the recovery mode menu. Choose the “reboot system now” option.
Done, the CyanogenMod 9 custom ROM along with the Ice Cream Sandwich firmware should now run on your Samsung Galaxy Fit smartphone. What do you say, do you like it, or you don’t see the improvement? Take note that there might be some bugs in the system, but the CM team will update you with new versions that will resolve these minor problems. Stay close for further how to guides and updates.