Install Democracy-NT Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
The Democracy-NT is a custom ROM based on the CyanogenMod 7.2 (Android 2.3.7) that comes with several touches of Jelly Bean. This means that you can flash an older Android ROM that looks like the new Android 4.2.x JB releases. Use this tutorial and you will learn how to succesfully install the new custom ROM on your device.
This custom ROM has been released by XDA member and developer, tamingsari2k. It is based on Android 2.3.7 and the NT term comes from Non-Transparent. It features the FireKernel OC, icon titlebar, improved Settings menu, Adrenaline Engine 4.4, Dolphin 9 is now the default browser. ICS progress bar and Google Search are included in the release. Also, because of the Holo Launcher 1.2.6 you will see that the device look great. The Beats audio engine, Alsa and AudioFXWidget are gonna make sure that you’ll get the best audio experience. There are many other improvements and tweaks added but you should discover them by installing this new ROM.
In order to correctly flash this new custom ROM you should first read the guidelines below:
- Install it only on rooted devices that are running a custom recovery image.
- Install it only on the Samsung Galaxy Ace model number S5830. This guide doesn’t work for any other variant of Galaxy Ace.
- Use the CWM Recovery or TWRP Recovery mode to create a full NANDROID backup of your currently installed ROM. You will set a restore point for your device, so that in case something goes wrong you will be able to restore your device to a working state.
- The tutorial guide will tell you to wipe data and and factory reset the device. This means that the /system partition will be formatted and you will lose installed apps, SMS, call Logs and other similar data. If you want, you can use the following tools to back them up: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore | AppBack for Android application. Grant these applications root access.
- Sync your People/ Contacts app with your Gmail account.
- Below you will find 2 versions of the custom ROM, the Democracy-NT and Democracy-NT Lite. The lite version doesn’t feature too many elements and if you prefer that one then you should follow the second tutorial. The first tutorial teaches you how to install the full version of Democracy-NT.
- Enable USB debugging option from the Android Development options.
- Charge the phone’s battery until the power level goes over 50%. This will prevent the device from powering off while you’re trying to flash the new custom ROM.
- Note that we cannot be blamed in case something goes wrong and you brick the device. Nor can be held responsible in case you lose important data in the process.
- Read the entire tutorial and make sure that you won’t skip any steps in the process. Use the comments section to ask for any extra help that you might require. We will try to offer you a viable solution for any types of problems you might encounter while installing the custom ROM.
Read the tutorial below and learn how to flash the Full version of the ROM on your smartphone.
How to flash Democracy-NT CM7.2 custom ROM on Galaxy Ace S5830:
- Download the custom ROM from HERE. Save the file on your PC and don’t unzip the file.
- Connect the Galaxy Ace to your PC and then move the Democracy NT ROM zip on the phone’s internal SD card. Disconnect the device from PC when the file is copied.
- Power off your Galaxy Ace.
- Boot the device into CWM Recovery mode by pressing and holding at the same time the following buttons: Home and Power. When the Samsung logo appears you should stop pressing Power while keep holding Home. CWM Recovery mode will load.
- Create a NANDROID backup by using the Recovery ‘backup and restore’ option. NOTE: If you already have such file then you should skip this step.
- Select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option. Confirm this process.
- Select ‘mounts and storage’ from the main recovery selection menu. After that you should select ‘format /system’ option. Confirm.
- Select again ‘Mounts and storage’ option and after that, from the new menu, select ‘Mount /data’. Confirm. Get to the next step if these steps were completed successfully.
- Select ‘install zip from sdcard’. Now you should select ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the Democracy-NT ROM zip and confirm its installation.
- Return to the main custom recovery menu.
- Select ‘reboot system now’.
- The first boot process of this new ROM will take under 5 minutes to load all of its new files. Wait until the welcoming screen of Democracy-NT ROM appears.
- Enter your Google Account details and begin the testing stage of this new Android custom ROM.
If you want to install the Lite variant of Democracy-NT ROM then you should follow the steps I’ve listed below.
How to flash Democracy-NT LITE CM7.2 custom ROM on Galaxy Ace S5830:
- Download the Lite ROM version from HERE. Save the file on your PC and don’t extract its contents.
- Download the SuperUser Democracy-Lite zip from HERE. Don’t extract and save it on you PC desktop screen.
- Connect your smartphone to your PC via USB cable.
- Next, copy the Democracy-NT Lite ROM and the Superuser zip files on the internal SD card of your device. Disconnect the devices when the files are copied successfully.
- Power off your Samsung Galaxy Ace device.
- Boot it into custom Recovery mode. It can be done if you press and hold Home and Power buttons. Release the Power button only when the Samsung Logo screen loads, but at the same time you should keep holding the Home button. Release HOME button when the main menu of the Custom Recovery mode appears.
- Create a NANDROID backup of your current ROM using the ‘backup and restore’ option. Get to the next step when the backup is complete or you can choose to move directly to the next step in case you already have such backup ROM.
- Choose ‘Wipe Data/ Factory Reset’ option and confirm the process.
- Select the ‘Mounts and Storage’ option and confirm.
- Select again the ‘Mounts and Storage’ option. Select ‘Mount /data’ and confirm.
- Now you can install the custom ROM. Select ‘install zip from SDcard’. Next, select ‘choose zip from SDcard’. Find the Democracy-NT Lite custom ROM. Confirm this process.
- Return to the main Recovery menu and then select ‘reboot system now’.
- After the first boot completes you should boot once again into custom Recovery Mode.
- Select ‘Mounts and Storage’ option and then ‘Mount /system’.
- Choose now the ‘install zip from SDcard’. Select again ‘choose zip from SDcard’. Find the ‘Superuser’ zip and confirm.
- Return to the main custom Recovery mode.
- Select ‘reboot system now’ option.
- Wait for the first boot process to complete and then you will need to enter your Google Account details. Take control over your device and then begin to test the ROM.
Tell us in comments if you like how Democracy-NT ROM runs on your Galaxy Ace S5830. If you have any problems completing the installation, then you can ask for more help in our comments field.