Nitrox-developers have used the CM 11 and AOSP Android 4.4.2 as a base for a brand new custom ROM, the EHNDROIX V KitKat Project for Galaxy S I9000 smartphone. Use this tutorial and learn how to successfully update your device with a brand new custom ROM.
Ehndroix V KitKat 4.4.2 ROM packs the AOSP Android 4.4.2 with FluidUI 4.5, custom and original bootanimation, Ehndrogapps (it’s own custom Gapps file), Apex Launcher, support for OTA Updates for new custom build releases, no ads in apps, smooth KK experience, official Ehndroix wallpapers, Titanium Backup and more. Other info on this release can be found at the XDA thread here.
In order to successfully update your device with this new ROM, you will first have to read the preparation guide below:
- this is a guide that works only with the International Galaxy S model number I9000.
– do not attempt to update any other smartphones with the files that you will find in this post, as you will end up bricking the device.
- your phone has to be rooted and running the latest version of CWM Recovery.
– if the custom Recovery is not updated to its latest version you will not be able to flash the KitKat Custom ROM files.
- before starting the installation you have to create a full NANDROID Backup of the installed OS.
– this step is listed in the ‘how-to’ guide so you shouldn’t skip it.
- Factory Reset is also required before installing the ROM, so that you will apply a clean installation of the new Ehndroix V KitKat 4.4.2 ROM.
– this step is listed in the tutorial.
– Factory Reset wipes all data from your device’s system partition, while leaving the internal / external sdcards unaffected.
- Backup data from installed applications using Helium for Android app.
– this app can be used to backup SMS and other type of data.
- Sync Contacts info with your default Gmail account.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- Check the phone’s battery charge and make sure that it is over 50%, so that your phone will not switch off in the middle of the installation process.
- Read the entire post, don’t skip any steps and you will manage to complete installation of Ehndroix V Android 4.4.2 ROM on your Galaxy S in under ten minutes.
- This is a post for advanced users, you cannot blame us in case you brick the phone nor in case you lose any important data in the process.
- If you cannot complete the guide, then you can always choose to ask for more help in comments.
- this ROM is based on AOSP Android 4.4.2, but it is not an official Samsung release.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post and learn how to successfully update your device with a brand new custom KitKat ROM.
How to flash EHNDROIX V Android 4.4.2 ROM for Galaxy S I9000:
- Download the custom ROM build from here.
- Download the Ehndrogapps zip from here.
– this is the file that contains the Google-based applications that your device needs in order to run correctly.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer and then move both zip files to its internal storage.
– after the files are copied you can disconnect the phone from PC.
– do not unzip the contents of the archives.
- Power off your smartphone now and then boot it in CWM Recovery Mode.
– if you don’t know how to boot recovery, then follow the info listed here and learn.
- First thing that you need to do is to create a full NANDROID Backup for the already installed OS:
– select ‘backup and restore’, then set a name for the file.
– confirm the process and continue to the next step when you’re done.
- Now, apply the Factory Reset:
– select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’, confirm.
> don’t skip this step, as the phone might not boot in normal mode and you will be forced to repeat the entire process once again.
- Next, install the new custom ROM:
– select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– find the EHNDROIX V KitKat zip and confirm its installation.
> don’t press anything until all files are flashed.
- Install Ehndrogapps zip now using the same options as in step 7.
- When all files are flashed you can return to the main CWM Recovery menu and reboot the phone in normal mode.
> note: the first boot process of EHNDROIX V Android 4.4.2 ROM will take at least five minutes to load, which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons until the home screen appears.
- Use your Google info in order to take control over your device once again.
When the installation is complete you are free to start testing all the new features and functions added by this new KitKat custom ROM on your Galaxy S I9000.
NOTE: if the first boot process takes more than ten minutes to boot, or the phone enters into a boot loop, then you will be forced to repeat the guide more than once.
- if you decide to repeat the guide, then you have to make sure that no steps are skipped in the process.
– also, it would be best for you to use the ‘format /system’ option too, after the Factory Reset is applied.
I hope that you did manage to complete the installation of this new ROM and that now you’re testing all of its features.
Remember that in case you don’t like how EHNDROIX V Android 4.4.2 ROM works with your Galaxy S, then you can always choose to restore your device to its previous ROM using the file created in step 5. Also, use the comments field below in case you have any other questions.