CM 11 Snapshot ROM is now live for the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G smartphones. If you are looking for a stable Android 4.4.4 custom ROM, then this build is the one that you should install on your device.
This new custom ROM contains all the AOSP Android 4.4.4 features and functions along with tons of extra CyanogenMod features and functions. Read more about this release here at the CM website.
This CM 11 Snapshot build is the final stable build that’s based on Android 4.4.4. From now on we can only hope that the Galaxy S2 I9100G will see future CM builds based on Android 5.1 or Android M released for it.
Check the guidelines below before starting the installation process of this new ROM:
- use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G.
– do not try to flash the files that you will find in post for any other different devices.
– check the model number of your phone under Settings> About Phone.
– if the I9100G version is not listed under About Phone, then you cannot use this post.
- your phone needs to be rooted and running a custom Recovery image such as CWM or TWRP.
– make sure that the installed custom Recovery is updated to its latest version in order to support the installation of a brand new Android 4.4.4-based ROM.
- in the tutorial part of this post you will find two extra preparation steps: the NANDROID backup and the Factory Reset.
– the NANDROID Backup creates a full restore point for your device, one that can be used in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
– the Factory Reset process wipes clean the system memory partition removing all the data installed by the previous ROM.
– factory resetting the phone allows you to clean install a brand new CM 11 ROM without worrying that it won’t boot in normal mode.
– the ‘factory reset’ doesn’t delete any files from internal nor external storage.
– do not skip these steps.
- if you wish to save data from installed applications, then you should use the Helium app for Android.
– Titanium Backup doesn’t work with CM-based ROMs.
– Contacts and People details can be easily synced with your default Gmail account.
- check your device battery level, it has to be over 50% before starting the CM 11 installation.
- read the whole guide and do not skip any steps.
- note that we can’t be blamed for bricking your device and we aren’t responsible in case you lose any important data in the process.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to see if your phone meets the requirements for the CM 11 ROM installation.
Now that you know all that you can continue to the next part of this post and learn how to flash a brand new custom ROM for your device.
How to install CM 11 Snapshot Android 4.4.4 ROM for Galaxy S2 I9100G:
- Download the CM 11 Snapshot zip from here.
- Download Gapps for CM 11 ROMs from here.
- Move both zip files to your phone’s internal storage.
– after the files are copied you can disconnect the device from PC.
– do not unzip the archived files.
- Switch off your device and then boot it in Recovery Mode.
– do it by pressing Volume Up, Home and Power at the same time.
– when the Recovery options are displayed by your device you can release the buttons.
- First you need to create a full NANDROID Backup:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’.
– TWRP: select ‘backup’.
– set a name for the file and confirm process.
- Initiate the Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: select ‘wipe’ option.
– confirm factory reset and then continue with the installation steps.
- Start the CM 11 Snapshot installation:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: select ‘install’ option.
- Find the CM 11 zip file and confirm the flashing process.
- When the ROM has been installed you can flash the Gapps too.
- Reboot your phone in normal mode after all the files are installed with success.
– note that the first boot process of this new ROM is going to take a while before it loads all the new CM 11 files.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete the installation of CM 11 Snapshot ROM for your Galaxy S2 I9100G phone.
If the flashing process fails, then you are free to retry the whole guide as many times as you want. Make sure that in case you repeat the guide that you won’t be skipping any steps and that your phone meets all the requirements.