Install Gummy Android 4.4 KitKat custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505
Android 4.4 KK ROM has been released and now developers have begun work on launching their own custom builds for various Android device. In this post you will find instructions on how to update the Galaxy S4 LTE with Gummy Android 4.4 custom ROM.
This is a custom KitKat build created by Team Gummy and based on AOSP Android 4.4. It is still in its testing phase, which is why this is not a stable release. However, there aren’t any major bugs present, except for the missing ART support. Read more about this custom ROM here at its dedicated XDA thread.
Before starting the installation, read the guidelines below:
- Use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE model number I9505.
- don’t try to update any other smartphones with the files that you find in this post.
- Your device has to be rooted and running the latest CWM Recovery image.
- In the tutorial you’ll find the ‘factory reset’ step, don’t skip it.
- factory reset will remove data from system partition, but it won’t deletes contents from internal or external storage.
- You can backup data from installed applications using the Helium tool – Google Play Store link here.
- Backup APN Internet Settings and SMS text messages with your Gmail account.
- if you don’t know how to do it, then you should take a look at this guide here.
- Create a NANDROID Backup for the ROM that is currently installed on your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE.
- it will set a restore point for your device, one that you can use in case the new ROM refuses to boot in normal mode.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- Read the entire post, don’t skip any steps and note that this is a guide that should be used only by advanced Android users.
- Do not blame us nor the developers in case you lose any important data or in case you brick your smartphone.
- Make sure that the battery power level is over 50%, so that the phone won’t switch off in the middle of the updating process.
Since you’ve gone past all of the above, continue to the next part of this post and learn how to successfully update your device with one of the latest KitKat custom builds.
How to flash Gummy Android 4.4 ROM for Galaxy S4 LTE I9505:
- Download the custom ROM from here.
- Download Gapps for this particular ROM from here.
- Connect your smartphone with your computer, then move both of these zip files on your phone’s internal storage.
- disconnect the phone from PC when all files are copied successfully.
- do not unzip the archived contents of this file.
- Power off your Galaxy S4 completely.
- Boot the phone in CWM Recovery Mode.
- use the info here if you don’t know how to do it.
- First you have to create the full NANDROID Backup for the ROM that is currently installed on your smartphone.
- select ‘backup and restore’, then save the file on your internal storage.
- don’t skip this action and continue to the next step when done.
- Now you have to apply a factory reset:
- select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option. Confirm.
- Next, flash the new custom Gummy Android 4.4 ROM:
- select ‘install zip from sdcard’, find the custom ROM zip and then confirm this process.
- When the ROM is installed, repeat step 8 action and flash the Gapps zip too,
- Return to the main CWM Recovery screen and reboot your device.
- the first boot process takes at least several minutes to complete, which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons.
- Enter your Google Account details and then take control over your device.
- Test all the new features and functions added by Gummy KitKat custom ROM.
If the first boot process of this custom ROM doesn’t complete in under five minutes, then you should power off the Galaxy S4 LTE and then repeat the entire tutorial once again. If you do repeat the guide, then you should make sure not to skip any steps.
In case you don’t like this new ROM or how the device works with it, then you should restore it to its previous ROM using the NANDROID Backup files of your previously installed ROM. Also, use the comments field in case you have any other questions or you need any extra help.