HellFire ROM is based on the CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 and now it can be installed on your smartphone easily by using all the instructions that I have listed in this tutorial. The custom ROM has been bundled together by ‘xoxhellxox’, an XDA recognized developer. Use this tutorial only if you know what you’re doing and note that it comes with some Samsung specific Premium Suite features.
This is not an official Samsung release but a custom ROM. It is still in its development stage and you should install it only after you create a backup of the existing ROM. More about these preparation tips can be found several lines below. HellFire JB CM10 custom ROM comes with tons of new features like the BeatAudio, Hell Paper, Titanium Backup, Light Flow lite, DropBox, GooManager, S Voice, S Memo, S Suggest, Fancy widget, ES File Manager, Titanium Backup, Build Prop tweaks, HellFire own boot animation, ROM Manager, SuperSU etc. Also, there are tons of other tweaks and improvements and you should discover them all by yourself.
Now that you read all of the above, you can move to the prep guide and learn how to properly configure your device for the installation process. Note that this ROM is a custom installation and it might still pack some errors, which is why we ask you to post in our comments section all the problems you find in HellFire JB CM10 custom ROM.
- install this custom ROM only on the T-Mobile Galaxy S3 model number T999. It won’t work with any other Android device. Check your device’s version by opening Settings and find the info listed under About device.
- Flash the HellFire custom ROM only on rooted smartphone. Also, your phone should be running the CWM recovery. Without these requirements you won’t be able to flash the new ROM.
- Create a full Nandroid backup of the existing ROM. This save will prove to be important in case something goes wrong and the new ROM doesn’t work. Also, it is recommended for you to move all important files on your computer.
- To backup applications, SMS, call logs and the APN internet Settings use the following tools: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore | AppBack for Android.
- Sync all your Phone Contacts with Gmail. You can restore the numbers by entering the same Google account after you flash the new ROM.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone.
- Charge the Galaxy S3 battery so that it won’t power off in the middle of the installation of HellFire ROM.
- Note that we cannot be blamed in case your device gets damaged or bricked. All these instructions should be applied by advanced Android users. In case you’re a novice then I strongly recommend you to be extra careful while applying the steps that I have listed, as you will eventually manage to install it but you should do exactly what I’m telling you to.
- In case you cannot install the ROM, then you should post a detailed comment at the end of this post and I will try to come up with a solution.
That’s all you had to know before starting to update this new ROM. Now you should move to the next part of this tutorial and learn how to properly apply the HellFire Jelly Bean custom ROM on your device.
How to update T-Mobile Galaxy S3 with HellFire Jelly bean 4.1.1 custom ROM
- Download the custom ROM file HERE. Do not extract its contents and leave it on your PC desktop.
- Now you should connect your phone to your PC via USB cable. Move the HellFire ROM on the Galayx S3 internal SDcard. Unplug the device after the file is transferred.
- Power off your phone and boot into CWM recovery. It can be done by holding ‘volume up’, ‘home’ and ‘power’ buttons at the same time. Release the buttons when the screen powers ON.
- When you’re at the main ClockworkMod Recovery menu, you can select firstly the ‘backup and restore’ option. Use it to create a full backup of the existing ROM. In case you already have such backup, skip this step.
- Now select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option and confirm the data deletion. Note that this step won’t delete the internal sdcard contents, just the applications, SMS, call logs, bookmarks, application cache etc.
- After the data is wiped you should select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then, from the new recovery menu, select ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the HellFire custom ROM zip and confirm that you want to install it. Wait until the update is finished.
- After the install is complete, you need to select ‘advanced’ option and then select ‘reboot system now’.
- The T-Mobile Galaxy S3 T999 will begin the first boot into HellFire custom ROM and this shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes. If the boot takes too long or in case your device gets into a boot loop, then you should power off the device completely. After that you should repeat the entire tutorial once again and eventually you should be able to flash all the required files.
- If everything installed successfully, your device will reboot and you should see the new Jelly Bean custom home screen. Remember to enter your Google Account details and after that you can begin to test this new custom ROM.
These were all the steps that you had to take and now you’re free to use HellFire ROM on your T-Mobile SGS3 T999. Post any bugs and errors you find in our comments field. Note that in case you cannot complete the installation, then you should use the comments section and create a detailed post about the steps you took and where you got stuck.
In case you don’t like the new ROM, you should use the backup created before starting the installation to restore your device to a previous state. Alternatively, you can choose to click on the device name link, the one that is listed under this post’s featured picture, as you will find numerous rooting, updating and other guides that can be used to improve your overall Android experience.
Remember that these instructions will not work with any other Android device and you shouldn’t attempt to flash them, because you might end up bricking those other devices.