Install Official JB 4.1.2 UBUBMC2 Firmware on Galaxy Chat B5330L
Even though Galaxy Chat is a budget Android smartphone with low end specs and features, Samsung is still releasing OTA updates for improving the performances and for spicing thing up a little bit. Now, the B5330L version of the Galaxy Chat handset has received the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OTA – dubbed as UBUBMC2, so those interested in testing the latest features, apps and capabilities should flash the firmware as soon as the notification is being spotted. But, in case you have a rooted phone, or if the OTA isn’t embracing your Chat, a manual update procedure will be required. In that case, use this tutorial and learn how to install JB 4.1.2 UBUBMC2 software on Galaxy Chat B5330L.
This guide can be applied for both rooted and locked Galaxy Chat because you are installing the official release of the Android OS, so root access isn’t required. But if your handset is rooted, after completing this step by step guide, the root access will be revoked. So, don’t worry, as if you own the B5330L variant of Samsung Galaxy Chat and want to manually update to official JB 4.1.2 UBUBMC2 firmware, this guide will be perfect for you.
Related to the mentioned aspects and because of the same reasons, by flashing the stock Android 4.1.2 software, you will be able to restore the Galaxy Chat warranty; of course if it has been previously voided – usually the warranty gets lost while unlocking the bootloader, gaining root access, installing custom recovery images, custom ROMs, or when overclocking the CPU. Therefore, you will now be able to relock the system of your device meaning that the default and factory restrictions will be reinstalled.
Besides that, well there is nothing much to say; basically there are no risks when flashing an official update, so you have nothing to worry about. Anyway, I do recommend you to backup the Galaxy Chat data before going any further just in case something bad happens – there are rare situations when a wipe is being required, so for avoiding the unpleasant situations, so save everything that’s important to you. If your phone is rooted and installed with CWM recovery, you should make a Nandroid backup and save the EFS folder.
Then, make sure that you can use and access a Windows running computer or notebook with no security tools installed – if there are antivirus programs, deactivate them first. Make sure that your smartphone has USB debugging enabled – go to “Settings -> Applications -> Development” and verify the same. Also, make sure that your Chat has enough battery life left (minimum 60% power) because you can brick your handset if it gets turned off in the middle of the update operation.
On the computer the Samsung Galaxy Chat drivers must be installed. If you don’t have the drivers, then you can use Samsung KIES for installing the same. Also remember that the JB 4.1.2 UBUBMC2 firmware has been officially released by Samsung for the B5330L model of the Galaxy Chat; the software can be anytime OTA applied, so use this guide only if you need to manually install the update on your phone. Furthermore, use this tutorial only for the mentioned handset – flashing the ROM on a different Android based device will probably brick your gadget (always use suitable guidelines for your handsets for avoiding bad things from happening).
How to Install Official JB 4.1.2 UBUBMC2 Firmware on Galaxy Chat B5330L
- Odin must be installed on your computer; so download Odin and unzip the package on your notebook.
- Then install and run the app.
- Remember to install Galaxy Chat drivers on your PC.
- Next, download the update file from here, save the file on desktop and unzip the same.
- Turn off your smartphone.
- Take your phone and simultaneously press the power, volume down and home buttons – for reaching download mode.
- With the device booted in download mode, connect the Chat with the computer; use the USB cord for establishing the connection.
- Now, Odin should recognize your phone: the ID:COM should turn yellow or blue and the “added” message should be displayed.
- If not, unplug the USB cord, close Odin, reflash the drivers and retry the process.
- If everything is working as explained, from Odin choose “start”.
- Don’t make any other changed, wait for the process to end.
- You will know when it’s done as the “pass” message will be displayed while the ID:COM section will turn green.
- Unplug the USB cable and reboot your device.
That was all for now; your Samsung Galaxy Chat B5330L has been successfully updated to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS. Now, if in the end your phone is stuck in a boot loop, reboot in recovery and select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”. On the other hand, if Odin gets stuck, remove the USB cable, close Odin, force restart your smartphone, reinstall the drivers on the PC and repeat the update operation from the beginning. For any other problems use the comments area from below. Do the same for sharing your impressions and thoughts with us and with those who want to use and apply the above explained step by step guide.