Install Leaked Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505
The guys at SamMobile have managed to port the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean from Galaxy S4 I9505G, the Google Edition S4. Use this tutorial and learn how to update your Galaxy S4 I9505 Snapdragon 600 phone with this custom ROM. Use this tutorial only if you know what you’re doing, so you shouldn’t attempt to update your device in case you don’t know what you’re doing.
Remember that this is a leaked Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware from the Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition smartphone. This device was only announced several days ago and it will start to ship on July 9. This is no way an official Samsung release and you should only use the tutorial if your device is factory unlocked, rooted and running a custom Recovery.
The leaked Android 4.3 JB build ID JWR66N cannot be flashed via Odin, but you can install it using the custom Recovery Mode.
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OTA Update should be ready for a July release, but it seems like the leaks will start to pour until then. This will be a minor update which shouldn’t bring that many changes. The files that you will install for your device have been bundled into a Android 4.3 JB Custom ROM zip file. More info about this leaked ROM can be found in our news article here.
In order to successfully install it on your Snapdragon Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505, you should first take a look at the guidelines below:
- Use this tutorial only with the Samsung Galaxy S4 model number I9505. This is the Snapdragon 600 model.
- Do not attempt to flash this firmware for any other Android smartphones as you will end up bricking them.
- This is mainly a CUSTOM ROM and it will be installed just like you would do it with any CyanogenMod , AOKP or PA custom ROMs.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 has to be factory unlocked, rooted and running a custom Recovery image like CWM or TWRP.
- IMPORTANT: Before installing this new custom ROM you will need to create a NANDROID backup of your currently installed ROM.
- In order to correctly flash this new ROM, you will first need to wipe data and factory reset your device. This process will delete all the contents from your phone’s system partition. This means that you will lose all the installed apps, SMS, Call Logs info and other similar data.
- You can backup SMS, APN Internet Settings and Call Logs info using the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore. Root access is required for some of these tools.
- Sync your Contacts info with your Gmail account. If you don’t know how to do that, use the following guide here.
- enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- make sure that your device’s battery has enough power left before switching off.
- this is a guide for advanced Android users.
- do not attempt to use this guide if you don’t know what you’re doing.
- We cannot be held responsible in case you lose data or you brick your device in the process.
- read the entire post and make sure that you don’t skip any steps that I have listed below.
Now that you know all of the above, you can continue to the tutorial and learn how to flash the required files. If you cannot complete the update, then you should ask for extra help in comments.
How to flash Stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Leaked custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505:
- Download the custom Jelly Bean 4.3 JB leaked ROM files:
> Get the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Odexed port zip from HERE.
> Get the Android 4.3 Jelly bean Deodexed port zip from HERE.
- download either file you want and don’t unzip the contents.
- Connect your device with your computer via USB data cable. (If your device cannot use USB Mass Storage, then this guide here will help you enable it).
- Copy the Custom ROM zip onto your phone’s internal SDcard. When the files are copied successfully, you can disconnect the SGS4 I9505 from your PC.
- Power off your Galaxy S4 I9505 now.
- Boot the device into Custom Recovery Mode.
> I’ve used CWM Recovery for this guide, but the TWRP one should work too.
> If you use TWRP, then you should simply apply the corresponding actions that I’ve listed for CWM. It shouldn’t be that hard to find them.
> for any problems with the custom Recovery mode, use the comments field to ask for help.
- When in Recovery Mode, select ‘backup and restore’ option. Create a full NANDROID backup of your currently installed ROM.
> DO NOT MOVE PAST THIS STEP without creating a backup file. This will set a restore point for your device, a file that you can use in case your phone doesn’t boot with the Android 4.3 Custom ROM.
- Now, select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm this process.
- Next, select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then ‘choose zip from SDcard’. Find the Android 4.3 I9505GUEUBMFP zip file.
- Confirm the installation of the new ROM files. This process shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes to complete.
- When the Android 4.3 Custom ROM is installed on your Galaxy S4 I9505, you should return to the main Recovery screen.
- Select ‘reboot system now’.
- Wait several minutes for the first boot process of Android 4.3 to complete.
- Enter your Google Account details when you’re seeing the main home screen of your new Jelly Bean OS build.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to update your device to Android 4.3 stock Jelly Bean using a custom ROM file. Every single thing should work without problems, but in case you find any major errors while using it, you can always use the ‘backup and restore’ option of CWM Recovery to restore your device to its previously installed ROM.
In case the first boot process takes too long to complete, you should power off the Galaxy S4 completely by removing its battery. Re-insert the battery back into its place after 5 seconds have passed, then you will need to repeat the entire tutorial once again. Make sure that you don’t skip any steps and to apply the ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ actions listed in step 7.
I hope that you’ve managed to successfully install the Jelly Bean 4.3 Custom ROM Port for your Galaxy S4 I9505 Snapdragon phone.
Remember that this is a ported ROM from the stock Android 4.3 OTA Update file that will be released for the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505G, that’s the SGS4 Google Play Edition. If you have any other questions, use the comments field below.