Install Leaked Android 4.3 XXUEMK4 stock ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100
New Android 4.3 firmware has been leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 and you can use the instructions below in order to update your phone. Remember that this is not official firmware and you will install it at your own risk.
The new leaked firmware has the XXUEMK4 Android 4.3 version and it would be best for you to read the guidelines below before starting the installation:
- Use this post only for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 model number N7100.
- don’t attempt to update any other smartphone models with this guide as you will brick it.
- Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers for your Windows PC from here.
- Disable Samsung KIES before starting the installation.
- Disable any antivirus / security tools, as these apps will interfere with ODIN, the app we’ll use to install XXUEMK4 Android 4.3 leaked ROM for your Note 2.
- If your phone is rooted, then this installation will revoke root and remove all data from your phone’s system partition.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- Create backups for all files you consider to be important before installing the new ROM.
- this is only a precaution, just in case the device won’t boot with XXUEMK4 Android 4.3 as then you will have to apply a ‘factory reset’ to force normal boot.
- Use this post only if you know what you’re doing and you wish to test one of the latest leaked Android 4.3 builds on Galaxy Note 2.
- Check the phone’s battery power level so that it is over 50%.
- if the phone powers off in the middle of the installation process, then you will be forced to repeat the tutorial more than once.
- Read all instructions listed and don’t skip any steps.
- You are installing this leaked ROM at your own risk, we cannot be blamed in case you brick the device or lose any important data in the process.
- In case you can’t complete the guide, then you can ask for more help in comments.
Now that you know all of the above, continue to the next part of this post.
How to flash leaked Android 4.3 XXUEMK4 JB ROM for Galaxy Note 2 N7100:
- Download the N7100XXUEMK4 firmware zip from here.
- Extract the archived contents of the zip on your PC.
- you will get a four different files with file extensions set to .tar.md5, you shouldn’t extract any further than that.
- Download Odin3 v3.09 from here.
- extract its contents and save them in a single folder on your PC.
- Launch Odin3 v3.09 executable.
- Power off your smartphone.
- Boot the Galaxy Note 2 in Download Mode:
- it can be done by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power.
- when the Warning! screen appears, release all buttons and press Volume Up to confirm Download Mode.
- Now, connect your smartphone with your PC via USB data cable.
- wait for Odin to recognize the Note 2, then continue to the next step.
- if Odin doesn’t detect the phone you will have to re-install the Samsung USB Drivers or try to connect the phone using a different USB port.
- In ODIN you will have to load all the new XXUEMK4 Android 4.3 files. Here’s how to:
- click the AP button and load AP_N7100XXUEMK4_2099172_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5 file
- click the BL button and load BL_N7100XXUEMK4_2099172_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5 file
- click the CP button and load CP_N7100DDEMJ9_REV08_CL1423182.tar.md5 file
- click the CSC button and load CSC_ODD_N7100ODDEMK1_2099172_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5 file
- After you’ve selected all of the above files, make sure that the Re-Partition option is not enabled. If it is, then you have to disable it.
- When ready for the installation process to begin, press START.
- Wait for ODIN to flash all the new Android 4.3 firmware files, don’t press any buttons until the process is complete.
- When the update is complete, the Note 2 will reboot and you can disconnect it from your computer.
Now your Galaxy Note 2 will boot in normal Android 4.3 XXUEMK4 Jelly Bean ROM. Take control over your device and start testing all of its new features.
NOTE: In case ODIN says FAIL or the device freezes during the installation process, then you will have to try and repeat the entire tutorial once again. Also, ask for more help in comments in case you can’t understand how to apply some of the instructions listed above.
NOTE 2: If the phone doesn’t go past the Samsung boot animation, it enters into a boot loop or the Android 4.3 displays too many errors despite the fact that ODIN confirmed the successful installation, then you will need to apply a factory reset. This process will remove all data from system partition, wiping all installed apps data and other files. Factory Reset doesn’t affect the internal / external storage contents.
Here’s how to apply a factory reset for Galaxy Note 2 via stock Recovery Mode:
- Power off the Note 2 completely by removing its battery. Re-insert the battery after a few seconds have passed.
- Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons until the stock Recovery screen appears.
- Select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option from the main stock Recovery screen.
- Confirm the process.
- When done, reboot your smartphone.
- Enter your Google Account details and take control over your device.
- Now your Galaxy Note 2 should run Android 4.3 XXUEMK4 leaked firmware.