Install LiquidSmooth v2.10 ROM based on Android 4.3 JB for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9305 LTE
This post will teach you how to install the latest LiquidSmooth version 2.10 custom ROM for your Galaxy S3 LTE. Read all the info I’ve listed and you should be able to flash all files without bricking your device.
LiquidSmooth 2.10 is based on AOSP Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and it borrows features and functions from other popular custom ROMs like CyanogenMod, AOKP or ParanoidAndroid. More info about this release can be found at the developer’s web site here or in this XDA thread here. For all files to be installed correctly, you will need to read the guidelines below first:
- This guide works only with the Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE model number I9305. Don’t use the tutorial for the US editions of Galaxy S3 LTE, as you will brick their firmware.
- Your phone has to be rooted, running on an unlocked bootloader and having CWM or TWRP Recovery installed on it. Without these requirements being met, you won’t be able to update your device.
- In the ‘how-to’ part of this post you will find the ‘factory reset’ step. That will delete all files from your device’s system partition, so that you’ll apply a clean installation.
- If you wish to backup data from installed apps, then use Helium (here) or Titanium Backup (here).
- SMS, call logs info and APN Internet Settings can be backed up using these apps: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore. Root access is required for some of these apps.
- Make sure to sync the Contacts info with your Gmail account. For those who don’t know how to do it use the guide here.
- Enable the USB Debugging option from Developer Options.
- It is recommended for you to create a full NANDROID Backup of the ROM that is currently installed on your device. This step can be found in the tutorial.
- Check the phone’s battery power levels and make sure that it is over 50%, so that the Galaxy S3 LTE won’t switch off while you’re flashing the new custom ROM.
- This is a guide for advanced Android users and you shouldn’t use it in case you don’t know what you’re doing.
- Neither we nor the developers of LiquidSmooth for Galaxy S3 LTE will be held responsible in case you brick the phone or lose data in the process.
How to flash LiquidSmooth Android 4.3 JB Custom ROM for Galaxy S3 LTE I9305:
- Download the LiquidSmooth 2.10 JB ROM zip file from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 4.3 custom ROMs from here.
- Connect your Galaxy S3 with your computer, then move both zip files on to its internal storage.
- when the files are transferred you should disconnect the device from PC.
- Power off the device now.
- Boot your Galaxy S3 LTE in Recovery Mode.
- for this guide to work you need either CWM or TWRP, as both custom recovery versions are supported by this tutorial.
- those of you who don’t know how to boot in Recovery Mode, use the info listed here.
- When you’re at the main custom Recovery screen you need to create a full NANDROID Backup for the ROM that is now installed on your phone.
- CWM: select ‘backup and restore’ option, then save the file on the internal /external sdcard.
- TWRP: press Backup, select the system files you wish to save. Confirm the process.
- Now you have to apply the factory reset for a clean installation of LiquidSmooth JB 4.3 ROM:
- CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm.
- TWRP: press Wipe, then confirm the factory reset by swiping the blue button at the bottom of the TWRP menu.
- continue to the next step when done with the factory reset.
- Next, flash the custom ROM zip file:
- CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then select ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the LiquidSmooth 2.10 JB zip. Confirm the installation.
- TWRP: press Install, then find the custom ROM zip. Confirm the installation using the blue button at the bottom of the screen.
- When the ROM was flashed, repeat step 8 actions and flash the Gapps zip as well.
- After you manage to complete the installation of both ROM and Gapps files, return to the main CWM / TWRP Recovery screen.
- Reboot your smartphone now in normal mode.
- the first boot process of this new ROM might take a while, so you shouldn’t press any buttons until you see the home screen.
- Enter your Google details now and take control over your device.
I hope that you managed to complete the update and that all files were flashed successfully.
If the ROM doesn’t install at your first attempt, then you should try to repeat the entire guide once more. Also, ask for more help in comments for any other problems encountered while you’re attempting to update your Galaxy S3 LTWE with a new custom Android 4.3 ROM.