Install Official Android 2.3.4 build 4.0.2.A.0.62 Gingerbread Firmware Update On Xperia Arc
Sony launched an official update for their Android 2.3.5 firmware that is titled 4.0.2.A.0.62 and, those of you, who didn’t want to use the official OTA methods to upgrade, can use the instructions listed in this article to install it fast and easy.
The 0.62 Gingerbread firmware is official and if you’re using a rooted device, then this update will revoke root access, which means that in order to root again the phone you will need to wait some time until Android community developers manage to edit its files and release a stable version. Please note that you’re installing this firmware update on your own risk, as we cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your device.Also, if video, music, pictur or any other important files ges corrupted or deleted while you’re changing the firmware files then you shouldn’t complain to us as we only provide for you information on how to apply this official release on your Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc smartphone.
Before starting to update the firmware to 4.0.2.A.0.62 official release, you need to read the preparation info below
- the update can be applied on the Xperia Arc model LT15i smartphone. Do not attempt to install on any other phone models because that will damage the system files or, best case scenario, it won’t work. The phone version can be checked by opening Settings and then About phone.
- create backups of all the audio, video, music and of all important files you have currently stored on your Xperia Arc. Updating firmware might damage data files and you might even lose them.
- SMS text messages can be easily saved using the SMS Backup & Restore application.
- Call Logs can be saved using Call Logs Backup & Restore app.
- Contacts can be synchronized with the Gmail account. Read this tutorial guide to learn how to successfully sync your Android contacts with Gmail account.
- you need to enable USB Debugging mode.
- charge your phone’s battery until it reaches over 80% power so that it won’t switch off during the update.
- remove or, at least, disable the antivirus applications currently running on your Xperia Arc.
Now that you know all of the above, you can easily move to the next part of this post and learn how to install the official 0.62 Gingerbread firmware update on your Xperia Arc device. Make sure to read all the steps and, do not even think about skipping any steps because that will not help you finish installation process and you will then be forced to repeat the entire tutorial guide.
How to update your Xperia Arc to firmware 4.0.2.A.0.62 Gingerbread:
- Download Flashtool from here. The download links are listed under the ‘Installation’ tab.
- Install it on your Windows PC or Linux system.
- After the installation is complete, you need to go to Flashtool’s installation directory on your PC. Open the drivers folder.
- Now, launch the flashtool drivers file to install all the necessary drivers for the update process.
- When in the drivers setup menu, you need to click Next, then click the component selection screen and tick these two options: Arc-Play-Neo-Acro ADB Drivers – Flashmode Drivers.
- Download the firmware update file.
- Copy the ‘.ftf’ file in ‘Flashtool/firmwares’ directory.
- Double click the Flashtool file which is located in the Flashtool directory.
- When Flashtool launches you will need to click ‘Flash’.
- Choose Flashmode from the menu displayed and then click OK.
- LT15i device should be listed in the screen. Click it and then hit the OK button.
- When you’re asked to connect the Xperia Arc to your computer, first connect the USB cable to your PC and then press and hold the ‘back’ button on your phone. Now connect the USB cable to your device.
- When the Xperia Arc is correctly connected to your PC, the update will begin to flash.
- When the firmware update has been completed you will be notified and now you can disconnect the device from your PC.
- Power ON the device and wait until it boots to homescreen. That’s should do it as you’re phone has been successfully upgraded to the 4.0.2.A.0.62 firmware.
These were all the steps that you had to take. Now your Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc runs on the new Gingerbread firmware update. If you have any other questions, use the comments section to post them and we will help you with whatever problems you’ve encountered during the update.