Install Official Android 4.1.2 ZSLSJ Jelly Bean firmware build for the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100
The ZSLSJ firmware OTA Update has been pushed out for device in China, Taiwan and Hong Kong. But, you can use this post and flash the update Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update file for any unlocked Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 phone. Read the entire post and don’t skip any steps that I have listed here if you want to successfully install all files.
The Android 4.1.2 ZSLSJ firmware update brings the latest Google Now features, TouchWiz Nature UX, the same UI as the Galaxy S3 and Note 2, brand-new lockscreen with multiple custom options, New widgets, new S features, 50GB Dropbox free cloud storage account, 2 home screen modes, expandable notifications and multiple other functions.
If you want to successfully flash this official stock-Android 4.1.2 JB released by Samsung for your SGS2 I9100, then you should read the guidelines below:
- Use the guide only for the unlocked Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100. Do not use this guide if your device has a different model number.
- Make sure that your device is unlocked and not carrier-locked.
- Your phone has to be on stock Android OS. The phone has to be on full and stock Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean by Samsung. It’s not recommended for you to install this update on a rooted device.
- Make sure to backup all your data files before installing the new ROM. The updating is not supposed to delete the contents of the internal / external SD card, but you should still backup all data.
- Your Windows PC should be have the Samsung USB PC drivers installed. Without these, your phone will not be detected by the ODIN application, the one you’re gonna use in order to flash the firmware update.
- Enable USB debugging option from the Android Developer Options.
- Your device’s battery charge level should be over 50% so that it won’t power off in the middle of the updating process.
- This guide is for advanced Android users.
- Don’t blame us in case something goes wrong and you cannot complete the install or you lose data files in the process.
- If you’re having problems installing the update, then you should ask for extra instructions using our comments section. Make sure to read the entire tutorial before starting the update.
These were all the guidelines that you had to go over before starting the updating process. Don’t skip any steps that I’ve listed below.
How to install Android 4.1.2 ZSLSJ Jelly Bean Firmware Update for your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100:
- Download the ZSLSJ firmware update from HERE. Extract the zip contents and save the .tar.md5 file on your PC.
- Download Odin3.07 from HERE. Extract its contents and save the files to a single ODIN folder.
- Power off your device now.
- Boot it into Download Mode by pressing and holding at the same time Volume down, Home and Power.
- Launch ODIN executable on your computer.
- Connect your device to your PC while it’s in Download Mode. ODIN should display a confirmation message telling you that the phone has been ‘added!’. Get to the next step.
- Now, click the ‘PDA’ button in ODIN and browse for the ZSLSJ firmware .tar file. Load it into ODIN. NOTE: Don’t change any default settings of ODIN and make sure that ‘re-partition’ option is disabled.
- Press the Start button and wait for ODIN to finish installing the new firmware update. This process shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes to complete.
- When the update is complete you will see that the phone reboots and ODIN will say ‘PASS’. That means that ODIN finished its work and now you need to wait for the first boot process of ZSLSJ Jelly Bean 4.1.2 to load all the new files.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to update your Galaxy S2 I9100 to the latest Android 4.1.2 firmware update. In case ODIN freezes or it shows the ‘FAIL’ alert then you will need to repeat the entire tutorial once again after closing ODIN and powering off the device. Repeat the entire tutorial starting with step 4. It would be better to remove the device’s battery and then re-insert it after 5 seconds have passed. Hopefully the new firmware will be successfully installed at your second attempt.
NOTE: If ODIN says that the process was complete but the phone doesn’t boot into normal mode, then you will be forced to boot your phone into Recovery Mode and then apply the ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option. Then, it should boot the Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean ZSLSJ firmware.
I hope that you managed to complete the update. If you have any other questions, post them in our comments section.
Don’t try to install these files any other variant of the Samsung Galaxy S2 as you will brick them.