Install Official Android 4.3 XXUEMK5 OTA Update for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105
The Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OTA Update for Galaxy Note 2 LTE is here. Use this tutorial and learn how to successfully flash the latest JB firmware for your phablet without bricking the device. Note that this is still a guide for advanced users, so you shouldn’t try to update the phone in case you don’t know what you’re doing.
In case you didn’t get the official OTA Update to Android 4.3 notification on your Note 2 N7105 then you can use this post and learn how to manually install it. Also, you can try to use the Samsung KIES and check for the update yourself, but that will work only for devices that are already on stock ROMs.
This guide can be used to flash the latest stock Android 4.3 JB update if your device is running on custom ROM and you cannot search for updates using KIES or the Software Update button under Settings menu. Before starting the update, you will first need to take a look at the preparation guide below:
- Use this post only for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE model number N7105.
- don’t attempt to update any other smartphone with the instructions you find below.
- if you own a Galaxy Note 2 N7100, then you should use this guide here to update it to Android 4.3 JB XXUEMK5.
- If you’re on stock ROM, then it would be best for you to search for new updates via Settings> More> About Phone and then Software Updates menu.
- also, try to use the Samsung KIES software to find new update files.
- In case your device is rooted, but it doesn’t feature any new custom ROMs, then the Android 4.3 XXUEMK5 firmware will revoke root but it won’t delete any files from your device.
- In case the Note 2 is rooted and it features a custom ROM, then you will be able to update it, but the system partition will be wiped in the process.
- internal / external sdcards won’t be affected by this process.
- Download and Install the Samsung USB Drivers on your PC here.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- If Developer Options isn’t listed, then you need to open the ‘About Phone’ section, then scroll down to Build Number and tap seven times on it to become a developer. After that you can go to Developer Options under Settings and enable USB Debugging.
- Read the entire post, don’t skip any steps and don’t blame us in case you brick the phone or lose any important data in the process.
- Check the Note 2 LTE battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, so that the device won’t switch off in the middle of the updating process.
- For any other questions regarding the preparation guide, use the comments field at the end of this post.
How to flash official Android 4.3 XXUEMK5 OTA Update for Galaxy Note 2 LTE:
- Download N7105XXUEMK5 firmware zip file from here.
- this is a build released for the Nordic Countries (Scandinavia), but it will work with all International Note 2 LTE devices.
- Extract the N7105XXUEMK5 zip contents.
- place all files in a single folder on your desktop.
- Download Odin3 v3.09 from here.
- extract its contents in a single folder.
- Power off your device now completely by removing its battery.
- re-insert the battery back into its place after five seconds pass by.
- Launch Odin 3.09 executable on your computer.
- Boot your device in Android Download Mode.
- it can be done if you press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power all at the same time.
- release the buttons when the Warning! message appears, after that press Volume Up to confirm the Download Mode boot process.
- Use the USB cable and connect your Note 2 LTE to your PC.
- wait for the device to be detected by ODIN and continue to the next step.
- in case your device is not recognized, then you should re-install the Samsung USB Drivers.
- Next, click the PDA button in ODIN.
- Now, load the N7105XXUEMK5_N7105NEEEMK1_N7105XXUEMJ9_HOME.tar.md5 file in Odin.
- don’t edit any other default Odin settings.
- make sure that the Re-Partition option is not enabled.
- Click the START button and wait for the new firmware to complete installation.
- When the new stock Android 4.3 install is complete ODIN will show the ‘PASS’ alert and the device will restart in normal mode.
- Disconnect the phone from PC when it boots in Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, then start testing all of its new features and applications.
That was the last step you had to take in order to complete the manual OTA Update to the latest Jelly Bean firmware. If you have problems with the installation, then you should take a look at the ‘notes’ below.
NOTE: if ODIN freezes, it displays the ‘FAIL’ alert or for any other reason the installation fails, then you should do the following: close Odin, disconnect the phone from computer, then remove the phone’s battery — re-insert the battery and after that you should repeat the entire tutorial once again.
NOTE 2: if ODIN says that the installation is complete, but the device doesn’t go past the Samsung boot animation you will be forced to apply a ‘factory reset’. This process will remove all data from system partitions while the internal / external storage won’t be affected. Here’s how to factory reset your Galaxy Note 2 on Android 4.3 JB:
- Power off the phone by removing its battery.
- re-insert the battery back into its place after a few seconds pass by.
- make sure that your phone is not connected with your computer.
- Now, press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons.
- release the buttons when the stock Recovery menu appears.
- Select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option from the stock Recovery Mode screen.
- Confirm the process.
- When done with factory reset, select ‘reboot system now’.
- Wait several minutes for the first boot process to load all the required files.
- Enter your Google Account details when the home screen of Android 4.3 appears.
I hope that you’ve managed to successfully update your device. If you cannot complete the tutorial, then you should ask for more help in comment. Make sure to leave a detailed comment, so that we will be able to come up with a viable solution for any type of problems.