If you own an International Galaxy S4 LTE smartphone and you want to run Android 6.0 on it, then you shouldn’t any further as the official CM 13 Nightlies are now available for download. Check all the instructions listed in this post if you want to learn how to successfully install one of these builds on your device.
The CM 13 Nightlies are based on AOSP Marshmallow builds and all of them are packing tons of extra features designed by the CyanogenMod team. The Nightly builds are not the most stable releases and you might find some errors and bugs while testing them. You can check more about these releases here at CyanogenMod’s website.
Read the following guidelines below before starting the installation process of this new ROM:
- use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE models.
– your phone’s model number has to be GT – I9505.
– do not attempt to update any other devices with the files that you will find in this post.
– the model number of your device can be found under Settings> About Phone.
- your phone has to run a rooted firmware.
- a custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP has to be installed on it, too.
– the installed custom Recovery can be based on either recovery image, but you have to make sure that it is updated to its latest version, so that it will support all new Android 6.0 custom ROMs.
- this tutorial has to be used only in case you are an advanced user, we cannot be blamed in case you brick the phone nor in case you lose any data in the process.
– if you need to save data from installed apps, then you can use Helium for Android.
- in the how-to part of this article you can find two extra preparation steps like NANDROID ROM Backup and the Factory Reset process.
– the NANDROID Backup creates a full restore point for your device, one that you can use in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
– the ‘factory reset’ process wipes clean the system memory partition, but it won’t delete any data from internal storage.
– factory resetting your device will remove the old ROM and allow your phone to boot with CM 13 ROM.
- check the battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50, as it will prevent the phone from switching off during installation.
- read the entire guide and do not skip any steps that we’ve listed in this post below.
If you enjoy running the CM 13 Nightly build, then you should know that you can keep on installing future CM 13 releases using the CyanogenMod Updates menu from under Settings> About Phone section.
How to flash CM 13 Nightly Android 6.0 ROM for International Galaxy S4 LTE I9505:
- Download the CM 13 Nightly zip from here.
- Download Gapps for Androi 6.0 ROMs from here.
- Connect your phone to your PC via usb cable and transfer both zip files on your computer.
– after the files are copied you can disconnect the device from PC.
– do not unzip the archived files.
- Power off your phone.
- Boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
- First thing you need to do is to create the NANDROID ROM Backup:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’.
– TWRP: select ‘backup’.
– confirm the backup and continue to the next step when you are done.
- You can factory reset the device now:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: select ‘wipe’.
- Start the CM 13 Nightly installation:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: select ‘install’.
- Find the CM 13 zip and confirm the flashing process.
- When the new custom ROM is done installing you can flash the Gapps zip using the same steps.
- After all files are flashed on your phone you can boot the device in normal mode.
- Use the default Gmail account in order to regain complete control over your phone.
NOTE: the first boot process of CM 13 Nightly is going to take a while, so you should wait until the “optimizing apps” screen goes off.
In case the first boot process of this new ROM takes too long to complete, then you will be forced to try and repeat the whole tutorial more than once up until you get it right.