Install Official KSUCNB2 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy S4 LTE-A E330S
As you know, Samsung released the Android 4.4.2 KitKat OTA update for Galaxy S4 devices. So, the same update is now available for the LTE-A model of the Samsung Galaxy S4, which has the model number of E330S. In that matter, by using this step by step guide you can learn how to easily and manually update your Galaxy S4 LTE-A to official Android 4.4.2 KSUCNB2 KitKat firmware. The tutorial is safe and can be easily completed even by a newbie, so don’t hesitate and give it a try.
In case you haven’t received the OTA KSUCNB2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat release on your Galaxy S4 LTE-A, a manual update procedure is being required. As you know, when talking about OTA updates, the firmware is offered in phases and gradually, so not all the Android users will receive the software at the same time. Because of that, some might prefer the manual method instead. The same procedure is also official, it is safe and can be easily completed as the firmware can be easily flashed. Also, on the flashing operation you don’t need to use complex or custom apps, as Odin is the only program that is being required.
As you might know, Odin represents an official tool, which is designed and also offered by Samsung. So, Odin is compatible only with Samsung branded devices and it is used especially on update operations. That’s why you have nothing to worry about. By installing official KSUCNB2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS on your S4 LTE-A the warranty of your device will not get void – the KSUCNB2 firmware is official so you are not dealing with a custom ROM software. Moreover, by using this guide you can actually restore the warranty if it has been previously lost – you can lose the warranty when performing unofficial operations like gaining root access, installing a custom ROM or unlocking the bootloader.
Since Android 4.4.2 KSUCNB2 is the official update released for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A, this tutorial is compatible with both rooted and locked Android smartphones and in any other circumstances. Furthermore, the root access will be revoked, if it has been previously achieved. Don’t worry, you will then be able to re-root your phone but only by using a compatible root solution that is suitable with the new Android 4.4.2 KSUCNB2 firmware. Do stay close as such a tutorial will soon be developed.
Android 4.4.2 KSUCNB2 update is stable and comes without bugs, lags or other issues or problems. The firmware is smoothly running on the Galaxy S4 LTE-A and also brings important stability improvements. By using this OS, your device will be optimized and customized so you will be able to enjoy better performances, upgraded battery life and improved speeds. Of course, if you want to spice things up even more, you then have to root, install a custom recovery image and flash a custom ROM. Also, you can choose to flash a custom kernel and overclock your Android smartphone, but these are all unofficial procedures that are complex and also risky.
Anyway, returning to the present tutorial, the best will be, before going any further, to make a full and proper backup. In some cases, rare ones, the S4 data might get corrupted while using Odin. So, if you don’t want to lose something important like contacts list, call logs, text messages, EFS folder, personal info and accounts or market apps, do complete a backup – in that matter you can anytime use free distributed backup and restore apps from Google Play. The backup operation is optional but strongly recommended.
On the other side, this is a manual update operation; for being able to complete this tutorial you first have to apply the general pre requisites. So, take a look over the list from below and apply the tasks which are being described below.
- A computer is being required. Use a Windows based PC because Odin can be installed only on the same.
- Furthermore, your smartphone and its USB cable must be near you as you will have to establish a connection between these devices.
- For properly connecting your phone with your computer, first on your Galaxy S4 you must enable USB debugging option – just go to “menu – settings – developer options”.
- Also on your computer the best will be to temporarily deactivate the security protection; programs like antivirus or antimalware might interfere with our work.
- Check the battery status on your phone; if there is less than 60% power left you first have to plug in the charger – if your device gets turned off in the middle of the update operation, it might also get bricked.
- Do note that KSUCNB2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS has been officially released only for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A model number E330S. So, apply the steps from below only if you own the mentioned Android smartphone because this tutorial is being compatible only with the same.
How to Install Official KSUCNB2 Android 4.4.2 Firmware on Galaxy S4 LTE-A E330S
- On your computer, first of all download Odin.
- Place the file on desktop, unzip the same and also install the program.
- Then, from here download the update file.
- Place it on desktop and unzip the firmware file on the same folder as Odin.
- The Galaxy S4 LTE-A drivers must be flashed on your computer – you can use Samsung KIES in that matter.
- Turn off your phone and enter it in download mode.
- In order to reach download mode you need to press Power, Volume Down and Home buttons at the same time.
- Also, run Odin on your computer.
- Use the USB cable and connect your smartphone with your computer.
- Once the connection established, on Odin you should notice that the “added” message is being displayed and the ID:COM section is yellow or blue.
- If not, you have to abort the operation; just close Odin, unplug USB cord and reinstall the drivers on your PC. Then retry the steps from above.
- Up next, from Odin select the “PA” option.
- Then pick the update file; don’t change anything else on Odin.
- Click on “start”.
- Wait while Android 4.4.2 is being flashed.
- In the end on Odin the “pass” message will be displayed; also the ID:COM section should be green.
- Unplug the USB cord and reboot your phone as you are finally done.
Good job; you have installed Android 4.4.2 KitKat KSUCNB2 official update on your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A. Remember that this is the stock Android firmware which is also OTA available for your device. So, share your experience with us and test the new software in order to see how it performs on your Galaxy S4. Don’t forget to feedback us by using the comments field from below.