The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE can be updated to Android 4.4.4 KitKat right now using the latest build of OmniROM 4.4.4 Nightlies. Use this tutorial if you want to learn how to successfully install on your device.
This OmniROM is based on AOSP Android 4.4.4 ROM and it features other elements from CyanogenMod, Paranoid Android or AOKP as well as some new components added by the Omni team. Read more about this released here. Before starting the installation you will need to take a look at the guidelines below:
- use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE.
– don’t try to update any other devices with the files that you will find in this post.
- your Note 2 LTE has to be rooted and running the latest CWM or TWRP custom Recovery build.
- before installing the new ROM you have to apply two extra steps: NANDROID Backup and Factory Reset.
– the NANDROID Backup: it creates a full restore point for your device.
– Factory Reset: this step will wipe clean the system memory and remove all the files installed by the previous ROM.
– factory reset doesn’t remove any data from internal nor external storage.
- if you want to save some data from installed applications, then you can use the Helium tool for Android.
– Contacts can be synced with your default Gmail account.
- this is a guide for advanced Android users.
– do not blame us in case your brick your phone nor in case you end up losing any data in the process.
- read the whole guide and make sure that you don’t skip any steps that are listed in the tutorial, if you skip any steps and the install fails, then you will need to repeat the entire tutorial more than once.
- check your battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, this will prevent the phone from switching off during install.
Since you’ve read all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post and learn how to install the new ROM.
How to flash OmniROM Android 4.4.4 Nightly for Galaxy Note 2 LTE:
- Download the latest OmniROM 4.4.4 build from here.
- Download Gapps zip for Android 4.4.x files from here.
- Move both zip files to your smartphone’s internal storage.
– after the files are copied you can disconnect the device from PC.
– do not unzip the contents of the files.
– if you’ve used your smartphone to download the ROM and Gapps, then you can skip this step.
- Switch off the phone and then boot it in CWM / TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Create the NANDROID Backup:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’.
– TWRP: press Backup.
– set a name for the backup file and confirm process, after that you can continue to the next step.
- Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: press Wipe.
– confirm the process.
- Start the installation process of OmniROM 4.4.4 Nightly for your Galaxy Note 2 LTE:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install.
- Find the ROM zip file and confirm its installation.
- After the ROM is installed you should flash Gapps zip, too.
- When all files have been successfully installed you can reboot the device in normal mode.
– note that the first boot process of this new ROM will take a while before it loads all the new OmniROM Android 4.4.4 files.
– don’t press any buttons until the boot is complete.
- Use your Google Account info in order to take control over your device.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete the installation of OmniROM Android 4.4.4 Nightly on your Galaxy Note 2 LTE.
If you need extra help use the comments field below.