The official OmniROM Nightlies that are based on Android 4.4.4 KitKat has been released for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 for quite some time. Use this guide if you wish to learn how to install in on your device.
If you want to learn more about OmniROM team and their work on releasing builds based on stock Android 4.4.4 KK, then you can read their blog page here. Besides all the AOSP features you will also get info on other features designed by the OmniROM. Before starting the installation you should read the guidelines below:
- use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
– check the model number of your phone under Settings> About Phone, make sure that the N7100 version is listed.
– don’t attempt to update any other Android devices with the files that you will find in this post.
- your phone has to be rooted and running the latest CWM or TWRP custom Recovery build.
- in the ‘how-to’ part of this post you will find two extra steps: NANDROID Backup and Factory Reset.
– NANDROID ROM Backup creates a full restore point for your device, one that can be used in case the OmniROM Android 4.4.4 Nightly build doesn’t boot correctly.
– FACTORY RESET: this step will wipe the system memory clean and allow you to install a fresh custom ROM.
– ‘factory reset’ doesn’t delete any data from internal nor external storage.
– you can skip ‘factory reset’ only in case your device already sports a previous OmniROM 4.4.4 Nightly build.
- if you wish to save data from installed apps use Helium for Android.
– Contacts can be synced with your default Gmail account.
- this is a guide for advanced users, do not blame us in case you brick the phone nor in case you end up losing any data in the process.
- check the battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, this will prevent the device from switching off during installation.
- read the whole guide and don’t skip any steps listed below.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post.
How to flash OmniROM Android 4.4.4 Nightly for Galaxy Note 2:
- Download the ROM zip file from here.
– make sure that you download the latest build version possible.
- Download Gapps for Android 4.4.x from here.
- Connect the phone to your PC and then move both zip files on to its internal storage.
– after the files are copied disconnect the phone from PC.
– don’t unzip the files.
– if you’ve used the phone to download the files, then you can skip this step.
- Power off the Note 2, then boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
- Create a NANDROID ROM Backup:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’.
– TWRP: press Backup.
– set a name for the file and confirm process.
- Apply the “Factory Reset”:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: press Wipe.
– confirm process.
- Install the new ROM file:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install.
- Find the OmniROM 4.4.4 Nightly zip and confirm its installation.
– don’t press any buttons until all files are flashed.
- After the ROM is installed you should install Gapps zip, too. Use the same options as in step 7.
- Reboot the Galaxy Note 2 N7100 in normal mode after all files are flashed.
– don’t press any buttons until the first boot process of OmniROM completes the installation.
- Use your Google Account info in order to take control over your device once again.
These were all the steps that you had to take and install the new OmniROM Android 4.4.4 Nightly for your Galaxy Note 2 N7100. If you need extra help completing the guide then you can use the comments field below.
Note that in case the tutorial fails, then you can choose to repeat the whole guide more than once by making sure that no steps are skipped when repeating the instructions.