OmniROM Nightlies have reached the Android 4.4.4 KitKat builds. Now these are available for the International Galaxy S3 LTE smartphone and you can use this post in order to install the latest OmniROM 4.4.4 on your phone.
Learn more about this release here at the Omni website blog page. In order to complete the installation correctly you will first need to take a look at the preparation info below:
- use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S3 International LTE I9305.
– check your Galaxy S3 version under Settings> About Phone and make sure that the I9305 model number is listed there.
– don’t try to update any other Android devices.
- your Galaxy S3 has to be rooted and running the latest version of CWM or TWRP custom Recovery.
- before installing the ROM you will need to apply a NANDROID Backup and a Factory Reset, don’t skip either steps.
– NANDROID ROM sets a restore point, while Factory Reset wipes clean the system memory and allows a fresh installation.
– the internal / external storage of your device will not be affected in the process.
– if you want to backup data from installed apps use Helium.
– sync Contacts info with your default Gmail account.
- read the whole guide and do not skip any steps in case you wish to complete the tutorial at your first attempt.
- this is a guide for advanced users, do not blame us in case you brick the phone.
- check the battery power and make sure that it is over 50%, it will prevent the device from switching off during installation.
Get to the tutorial now if you wish to learn how to flash a new KitKat custom ROM.
How to install OmniROM Android 4.4.4 Nightly for Galaxy S3 LTE I9305:
- Download the latest OmniROM 4.4.4 Nightly zip for SGS3 LTE from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 4.4.x ROMs from here.
- Move both zip files to your phone’s internal storage without unzipping the archives.
- Power off the phone, make sure that it is disconnected from computer and then boot it in custom Recovery Mode.
- First, create the NANDROID ROM Backup:
– select ‘backup and restore’ for CWM Recovery or click on the ‘Backup’ button for TWRP.
– set a file name and confirm process.
- Apply a ‘factory reset’ now for your device:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ and for TWRP press ‘Wipe’ option.
– confirm process.
- Now you can install the new ROM:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– for TWRP press on Install.
- Find the OmniROM zip file and confirm the process. Do the same actions for the Gapps zip.
- When both files have been installed you can reboot your phone in normal mode.
- Use your Google Account info in order to take complete control over your device once again.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to install the brand new OmniROM Android 4.4.4 Nightly ROM for your Galaxy S3 LTE I9305.
Note that the first boot process of this new ROM takes more than ten minutes to load, then you will have to repeat the whole guide and make sure to apply the ‘factory reset’. Use the comments field if you need more help.