If you’re looking for a tutorial on how to update your Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus to Android 4.4.4 via custom ROMs, then you can use this one.
Read out tutorial info and you will successfully learn how to get the latest stable build of Paranoid Android on your device. With this new ROM you will get new features like Peek, Hover, Theme Engine, PIE Controls and others more.
If you want to successfully install the Paranoid Android 4.4 Final KitKat ROM on your device, then you should first take a look at our preparation guide below:
- use this post only with the Verizon variant of Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
– don’t attempt to update any other Android smartphones with the files that you will find in this article.
- your device has to be rooted and running the latest CWM or TWRP Recovery image.
- if you want to save some data from installed apps or SMS text messages or any other type of file then you can use Helium for Android.
- sync all Contacts info with your default Gmail account.
- check the power level of your smartphone’s battery and make sure that it is over 50%, this will prevent it from switching off in the middle of the installation.
- read the whole guide and don’t skip any steps if you want to complete the process at your first attempt.
- do not blame us in case you will brick the phone nor in case you lose important files.
- in case you require extra help, then you can post a detailed comment at the end of the guide.
Since you’ve read all of the above you can now get to the important part of this post and learn how to flash a custom ROM on your smartphone.
Install PA 4.4 KitKat FINAL for Verizon Galaxy Nexus:
- Download the PA Toro 4.4 ROM zip file from here.
- Download Gapps for Paranoid Android ROMs from here.
- Move the files on your smartphone after the downloads are complete.
– if you’ve used your device to download them, then you can ignore this step.
– do not unzip the contents of the zip files.
- Power off the Galaxy Nexus and then boot it into Recovery Mode.
- Create a NANDROID ROM Backup for the OS that is currently installed on your Verizon Galaxy Nexus:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’ option, name the file and confirm.
– TWRP: press Backup, set the file.
> don’t skip this step.
- Apply a Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm.
– TWRP: press Wipe, swipe to confirm factory reset.
– it is not recommended for you to skip this step.
– if you skip this step and the phone doesn’t boot in normal mode with the new ROM, then you need to return to this post.
- Install the PA 4.4 Final ROM for your Verizon Galaxy Nexus:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the ROM and confirm process.
– TWRP: press Install, find the ROM, swipe to confirm process.
- After the ROM is flashed you should repeat step 7 actions and install the Gapps zip, too.
- When all files are flashed you can get back to the main Custom Recovery screen.
- Reboot your phone in normal mode
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete this tutorial with success. Now that you’ve managed to complete the guide you should take control of your phone and tell us in comments which are your favorite new features.