PAC-man KitKat ROM is now available for the Galaxy S3 model number I9300. Read this entire tutorial and you should manage to successfully install the new ROM without bricking your device.
This custom ROM packs the AOSP Android 4.4.2 OS along with other elements from CyanogenMod, AOKP and Paranoid Android custom KitKat ROMs. There are also features added by the PAC-man ROM too. More info about this ROM can be found at the XDA thread here.
Read all the guidelines listed below before starting the installation process:
- use this guide only with the Samsung Galaxy S3 model number I9300.
- don’t attempt to update any other Android devices with the new ROM.
- your phone has to be rooted and running the latest build of CWM or TWRP Recovery.
- make sure to update the custom Recovery before starting the update, as older versions will not manage to flash KitKat builds.
- in the ‘how-to’ guide you will find the NANDROID Backup and Factory Reset steps, so you shouldn’t skip them.
- the NANDROID Backup is a process that creates a restore point for your phone’s already installed ROM.
- Factory Reset allows you to cleanly install the new PAC-man KitKat ROM on your device by deleting the files from the old one.
- Factory Reset doesn’t remove any data from internal nor external sdcards.
- backup data from the installed apps using Helium app for Android.
- sync Contacts info with your default Gmail account.
- if you don’t know how to do it, then you can learn with the info listed here.
- read the entire post, don’t skip any steps and you won’t blame us in case you will lose any important data in the process nor in case you brick the phone.
- this guide is for advanced users.
- check the phone’s battery and make sure that it is over 50%, so that the Galaxy S3 will not power off in the middle of the installation.
- in case you need any extra help then you should ask for more help in comments.
Since you’ve read all of the above you can continue to the next part of this guide.
Flash PAC-man Android 4.4.2 ROM for Galaxy S3 I9300:
- Download the ROM zip file from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 4.4.2 custom ROMs from here.
- Connect your device to your PC, then move both zip files to your phone’s internal storage.
- after the files are copied you can disconnect the phone from computer.
> do not unzip the files.
- Power off the device and then boot it in CWM / TWRP Recovery Mode:
- if you can’t boot recovery then you can read here.
- Create the NANDROID Backup for the ROM installed:
- CWM: select ‘backup and restore’, name the file and confirm.
- TWRP: press Backup, set the name and swipe to confirm the process.
- Apply Factory Reset for your device:
- CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm.
- TWRP: press Wipe and then swipe to factory reset your device.
- Install the PAC-man Android 4.4.2 ROM for your Galaxy S3 now:
- CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the ROM file and confirm its installation.
- TWRP: press Install, find the ROM zip. Swipe to confirm installation.
- Return to the main custom Recovery screen when the files are installed successfully.
- Reboot your phone now in normal mode.
- note: the first boot process of this new ROM takes several minutes to load all the new files, don’t press any buttons.
- Use your Google account info in order to take control over your device.
These were the steps you had to take in order to update your Galaxy S3 with a brand new Android 4.4.2 custom ROM.
If the first boot process doesn’t load successfully or your phone enters into a boot loop, then you will need to repeat the entire tutorial once again. Make sure that you don’t skip any steps in case you repeat the guide. For any other help use the comments field below.