Install PACman Android 4.3 custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100
PACman Android 4.3 Jelly Bean custom ROM is based on the popular Paranoid Android, AOKP and CyanogenMod builds. Use this tutorial and learn how to flash its custom build on your Galaxy S2 I9100 without bricking its firmware. Make sure to read the entire post, so that you’ll flash the new custom ROM files at your first attempt.
This custom ROM is easy to install, as you will first have to flash the Dorimanx Kernel, then the ROM and Gapps files. PACman Jelly Bean 4.3 ROM comes with support for three different UI: phone, tablet and phablet. Before starting the installation you need to take a look at the preparation guide below:
- Use this guide only for the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100.
- do not attempt to update any other smartphone using the files you find here.
- Your phone has to be rooted, factory unlocked and running CWM or TWRP Recovery.
- without these you cannot complete the guide.
- Factory Reset is needed for this PACman ROM to install correctly.
- it deletes only the files from the system partition, while the internal and external storage contents won’t be changed.
- NANDROID Backup of the installed ROM is needed.
- it will set a restore point and it can be used in case the new ROM doesn’t boot correctly.
- this step can be found in the tutorial, so you won’t miss it.
- Backup data from installed apps using Helium (here) or Titanium Backup (here).
- SMS text messages, Call Logs info and APN Internet Settings can be backed up using the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore. Root access is needed for these apps.
- Sync People details and Contacts info can be synced with your Gmail account.
- for those of you who don’t know how to do it, then you should read the guide here.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- Don’t skip any steps listed below and make sure to read the entire tutorial.
- Check the Galaxy S2 battery charge level, it should be over 50%, so that it won’t switch off in the middle of the updating process.
- In case you can’t complete the guide, then you should ask for more help in comments.
How to flash PACman Android 4.3 custom ROM for Galaxy S2 I9100:
- Download the PACman JB custom ROM from here.
- Download Dorimanx Kernel from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 4.3 custom ROM from here.
- Connect the phone to your computer, then move all three zip files to its internal storage.
- do not unzip the archives.
- disconnect the Galaxy S2 from PC when the files are transferred with success.
- Power off the phone now.
- Boot it in custom Recovery Mode:
- it can be done if you press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power all at the same time.
- release the buttons when the CWM / TWRP main screen appears.
- Backup the current ROM:
- CWM: select ‘backup and restore’. Create the backup file and continue to the next step.
- TWRP: press Backup, rename the file and swipe to create backup.
- Next, You need to flash the Dorimanx Kernel zip before installing the ROM.
- CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the kernel zip and confirm its installation.
- TWRP: press Install, browse your internal storage for the kernel zip. Swipe to flash it.
- After the kernel is installed, go to main CWM / TWRP Recovery screen and reboot your device.
- Now, reboot again in custom Recovery Mode to continue the installation of PACman ROM on your SGS2.
- Apply the Factory Reset now:
- CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’, then confirm.
- TWRP: press Wipe, then swipe the blue button to factory reset your SGS2.
- Flash the custom ROM now:
- CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the PACman Android 4.3 zip and install it.
- TWRP: press Install, find the custom ROM zip. Swipe to install it.
> don’t press any buttons until all files are installed.
- After the ROM is flashed, repeat step 12 and install the Gapps zip too.
- When all files are installed, return to the main custom Recovery screen menu.
- Reboot the Galaxy S2 I9100 in normal mode now.
- note that the first boot process takes a while to complete, which is why you should wait until all files are loaded correctly.
- if the device doesn’t go past the Samsung boot animation, then you will need to power off the phone and then repeat the entire tutorial again. Make sure not to skip any steps.
- When the PACman Android 4.3 JB ROM does install correctly on your phone you will see the home screen. Enter your Google Account info and take control over its functions.
That’s it, you’ve finished the tutorial and now you can begin testing this new custom ROM.
For any extra help, use the comments field and we will offer you solutions for any type of problem you encounter during the installation.
Also, if you don’t like this new custom ROM, then you can always choose to restore the phone to its previous OS using the custom Recovery Mode and the files created in step 7.