This is the guide that you should follow in order to learn how to flash the latest PA 4.42 final and stable KitKat 4.4.4 build on your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G smartphone.
This new custom ROM is developed by the Paranoid Android team and it comes with tones of great new features such as Hover, Peek, Theme Engine, hundreds of customization options, better UI and tons of other great things that you can read more about here.
If you’re a fan of Paranoid Android and their work, then you should read the guidelines below:
- use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100G.
– do not attempt to install this ROM on any other Android phone.
– if you own the I9100 model, then you can use this tutorial here.
– check the model number of your phone under Settings> About Device, this guide is for the I9100G model.
- your phone has to be rooted and running the latest version of CWM Recovery or TWRP Recovery or any other custom Recovery image.
- in the ‘how-to’ part of this post you can find two extra preparation steps like: NANDROID ROM Backup and Factory Reset.
– don’t skip these steps.
– the NANDROID Backup creates a full restore point for the ROM that you have currently installed on your device.
– the Factory Reset wipes all the data that’s stored on your device’s system partition and removes the currently installed ROM.
- if you wish to save data from the apps that you have installed or if you’re planning on saving some SMS text messages, then you should use the Helium tool for Android.
– sync Contacts info with your default Gmail account.
- this is a post for advanced users, do not try to update your phone if you don’t want to tinker with it and you’re a novice when it comes to flashing new ROMs.
- read the whole guide and do not skip any steps.
- make sure that the battery charge level of your device is over 50%, it will prevent it from switching off during installation.
Now you can continue to the next part of this post and learn how to update your phone with a brand new Android 4.4.4-based custom ROM.
How to flash PA 4.42 Final ROM for Galaxy S2 I9100G:
- Download the ROM zip file from here.
- Download Gapps for this ROM from here.
- After the files are downloaded you need to move them to your phone’s internal storage.
– if you’ve used your Galaxy S2 to download the files, then you can skip this step.
– continue to the next step when you’re sure that the files are stored on your phone.
– do not unzip the contents of the zips.
- Switch off the device now.
- Next, boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
– it can be done by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power, all at the same time.
– release the buttons when the custom Recovery screen appears.
- Create a full NANDROID Backup for the ROM that’s currently installed on your device:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’ option.
– TWRP: press Backup.
– rename the file and confirm process.
- Apply the Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: press Wipe.
– confirm the factory reset and continue to the next step after it is complete.
- Now you can start the installation of PA 4.42 ROM on your Galaxy S2 I9100G:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install.
– find the ROM zip file and confirm installation.
- After the ROM is flashed with success you can install the Gapps zip, too. Use the same actions as in step 8.
- When all files are flashed you can return to main custom Recovery screen.
- Reboot your phone in normal mode.
– note that the first boot process takes a while before it loads all the new files.
– don’t press any buttons until you see the home screen of your new ROM.
- Use your login info in order to take control over your device once again.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete the tutorial.
For more help use the comments field.
Also, in case the tutorial fails at your first attempt you should try to repeat all steps more than once. Custom ROMs might not always install at the first attempt.