The official Paranoid Android 4.4 FINAL build has been released for the Google Nexus 10 tablet and you can use this tutorial in order to install it on your device.
With PA 4.4 Final custom ROM you will get the basic Android 4.4.4 KitKat features as well as the extra PA-based functions like Hover, Peek, Theme Engine and others more, learn about this release here.
First you should read the preparation info below and learn how to prepare the tablet for the installation:
- use this guide only with the Google Nexus 10 tablet.
– do not try to update any other devices with the files that you will find listed in this post.
- your tablet should be rooted and running the latest CWM or TWRP custom Recovery build for you to complete the entire guide.
- read the entire tutorial, do not skip any steps and use the comments field if you need more help.
- the first steps of the tutorial will tell you to create a NANDROID ROM Backup and apply a Factory Reset.
– don’t skip these steps.
- if you want to save some data from your tablet use the Helium tool for Android.
- also, you can choose to sync Contacts info with your default Gmail info.
- this guide should be used by advanced users and by those who want to tinker with their device’s ROM.
- do not blame us in case your brick the device, nor in case you end up losing any important data files in the process.
- check the tablet’s battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, this will prevent it from switching off in the middle of the installation.
- enable USB Debugging in Developer Options.
Now get to the next part of this guide and learn how to successfully flash this new Android 4.4.4 KitKat popular ROM on your tablet.
How to flash PA 4.4 FINAL Stable ROM for Google Nexus 10:
- Download the PA 4.4 Manta zip file from here.
- Download Gapps for PA ROMs from here.
- Connect your device to your PC and then move both zip files to your tablet’s internal storage.
– if you’ve downloaded these files on your Nexus 10 directly then you can ignore this step.
- Switch off the tablet and make sure that it is not connected to your computer.
- Boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
– both the CWM and TWRP Recovery are working with this post.
- First thing that you need to do when Custom Recovery Mode is running is to create a NANDROID ROM backup:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’, set a name for the file and confirm this process.
– TWRP: press Backup, name the file and swipe to confirm.
- After the NANDROID Backup for the already installed ROM process is complete you need to apply the Nexus 10 FACTORY RESET:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’, confirm.
– TWRP: press Wipe and swipe to confirm process.
- Now you can the Paranoid Android 4.4 KitKat Final ROM installation on your Nexus 10:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install option.
-> find the PA 4.4 Manta zip file and confirm its installation.
- After the ROM is flashed with success you should repeat step 8 actions and install Gapps zip.
- When all files are installed with success you can then return to the main custom Recovery screen.
- Reboot your tablet in normal mode now.
– note that the first boot process takes a while to complete which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons until you see its home screen.
- Use your Google Account info in order to take control over your device once again.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete the installation of Paranoid Android 4.4 FINAL ROM on your Nexus 10 tablet.
In case you require any extra help, then you can choose to list a detailed comment below.
If the installation fails, then you might want to try and repeat the guide more than once.