The new build of PA 4.5 BETA1 ROM is now available for the Google Nexus 7 2012 Wi-Fi. Read the guide below and you should be able to complete the installation in no time.
Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 is based on the AOSP Android 4.4.4 KitKat ROMs, you can now learn more about this release here or here. Before starting the installation you should take a look at the preparation info below:
- use this tutorial only with the Google Nexus 7 Wi-Fi 2012 edition, this is the device codenamed ‘grouper’.
– do not attempt to update any other Android device with the files that you will find in this post.
- the N7 2012 Wi-Fi device has to be rooted, also it should run a custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP.
- in the tutorial you will be asked to apply a Factory Reset and create a NANDROID Backup before that, do not skip those steps.
– the NANDROID Backup creates a restore point for your tablet.
– Factory Reset wipes all data installed by the previous ROM and it allows you to flash a brand new ROM on your tablet.
– factory reset process doesn’t delete any data from the internal storage.
- if you want to save data from installed apps you can use Helium tool for Android.
– sync Contacts with your default Gmail account.
- check your Nexus 7 2012 Wi-Fi battery charge level, make sure that it is over 50%, this will prevent the device from switching off during installation.
- read the whole post, don’t skip any steps and make sure not to brick your device.
- note that we cannot be blamed in case you end up losing any data in the process.
Continue to the next part of this guide in order to learn how to flash the new ROM on your tablet.
How to flash Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 ROM for Google Nexus 7 2012 Wi-Fi:
- Download the “pa_grouper-4.5-BETA2-20140805.zip” ROM zip from here.
- Download Gapps for this ROM from here.
- Connect your tablet to your computer. Now move both zip files on to your tablet’s internal storage.
– do not unzip the files.
– if you’ve used your tablet to download the files, then you should ignore this step.
- Power off the phone now.
- Next, boot your tablet in Recovery Mode.
- Create a full NANDROID Backup for the ROM that’s already installed on your Nexus 7 Wi-Fi 2012:
– CWM: Select ‘backup and restore’.
– TWRP: press Backup.
– set a name for the file and confirm process.
- Apply a factory reset for your device:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: press Wipe.
– confirm the process.
- Now start the installation process of PA 4.5 Beta 2 ROM for your Nexus 7 2012 Wi-Fi:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install.
- Find the ROM zip file and confirm its installation.
- Next, use the same actions as in step 8 in order to flash Gapps zip, too.
- After all the files are installed you can return to the main custom Recovery screen.
- Reboot the tablet in normal mode.
– note that the first boot process of this new ROM will take a while before it loads all the new files.
- Use your login details in order to take control over your device once again.
In case the installation fails you should try to repeat the whole guide more than once. Also, you can ask for extra help in comments.