The HTC One M7 smartphone has received its own Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta builds with Android L elements. This is the tutorial that you should follow in order to install one of the latest PA builds for your device.
Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta is based on Android 4.4.4 and it features tons of new elements from the future Android L 5.0 Preview release. In case you want to learn more about this release you should read here and here. Before starting the installation of PA 4.5 Beta ROM for your One M7 device, then you should read the guidelines below first:
- use this post only with the original HTC One (M7) device that was launched in 2013.
– check the model number of your device under Settings> About Phone> Phone Identity, it should say ‘HTC One’.
– don’t try to update other different Android devices with the files that you will find in this article.
- your device should be rooted and running the latest CWM or TWRP Recovery.
- before starting the PA 4.5 Beta installation you will need to apply to extra preparation steps: NANDROID Backup and Factory Reset.
– NANDROID Backup: this one will set a restore point for your device.
– Factory Reset: this one will wipe data from the system memory, but it won’t affect internal nor external storage.
– if you’re running a previous PA 4.5 Beta build you can skip the ‘factory reset’ step.
- in case you wish to save some data from installed applications then you should use the Helium tool for Android.
– sync Contacts info with your default Gmail account.
- make sure that the HTC One M7 battery charge level is over 50%, this will prevent the device from powering off during installation.
- this tutorial has to be used by an advanced Android user.
– don’t blame us in case you brick the phone nor in case you end up losing any data in the process.
- read the entire post, don’t skip any steps and you should be fine completing the installation.
Now that you know all that you can continue to the next part of this post.
How to flash PA 4.5 Beta ROM for HTC One M7:
- Download the latest build of PA 4.5 Beta ROM from here.
- Download Gapps for this ROM from here.
- Move both zip files to your smartphone’s internal storage.
– after the files are copied you can disconnect the HTC One from computer.
– if you’ve used the device to download the files, then you can skip this step.
– do not unzip the contents of this zip.
- Power off the phone now.
- Boot the HTC One in Custom Recovery Mode now.
- Create a NANDROID Backup of the already installed ROM:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’.
– TWRP: tap on the ‘backup’ option.
– confirm the process.
- Apply the Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: press Wipe.
– confirm this process and then continue to the next step.
- Start the installation of this new PA 4.5 Beta ROM on your HTC One M7:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard.
– TWRP: press Install.
- Find the ROM zip and confirm installation. After the ROM is flashed you should install Gapps zip, too.
- Reboot the device in normal mode after all the files are successfully installed.
– note that the first boot will take a while before installing the new ROM.
- Use your Google Account info in order to take control over your smartphone’s new ROM.
I hope that you’ve managed to complete installation. In case you need more help you should ask for extra help in comments.
Also, if the process fails, then you should try to repeat the whole guide more than once.