Install Penttry Battery Theme for Nexus 10 Quick Settings Menu and Status Bar
The Nexus 10 comes with the Android 4.2 and it seems like its Quick Settings menu toggles/ icons can be easily edited. Modders started to work with it and the ‘Penttry’ theme for battery has been launched. Use this guide to learn how to successfully install it for your tablet device.
This theme is merely an indicator that looks better that the stock one. Penttry will change the battery icon in Quick Settings along with the one that shows up in your Android 4.2 OS status bar. Note that at the moment, this battery indicator only changes in 10% steps, which is why you will only see it showing ’100%, then 90%, 80% and so on’. However, its developer who is named Kamaltmo said that it will release an update that will support 1% steps. This battery theme for Nexus 10 has been posted to XDA forums.
If you wish to install it, then you should read the guidelines below and only after that you can move to the tutorial. Here’s what you need to know before getting to the installation process:
- The ‘Penttry battery theme’ is only supported on stock Android 4.2 Jelly Bean ROMs.
- It can be installed only on the Google Nexus 10 tablet device.
- The Nexus 10 should be on an unlocked bootloader. If yours isn’t then you should use this guide HERE. Note that if you unlock the bootloader you will lose all the data that is currently stored on your tablet; that’s why you should create backups of all things currently stored on it.
- You’re going to use CWM Recovery image to flash the Penttry battery indicator theme. If your Nexus 10 doesn’t feature the CWM Recovery, then you can find a guide HERE.
- Don’t blame us in case something goes wrong during the installation of this new customization file for Android 4.2 ROM.
- Read all the steps in the tutorial and don’t skip any of them, as that will result in a failed attempt of installing the new battery indicator.
These were all the guidelines you had to read and now you should move to the tutorial guide. If you hit any roadblocks, tell us in comments and we will offer you a solution that should help you flash all files.
How to flash Penttry battery theme on Nexus 10:
- Download the file from HERE. Do not extract the zip contents.
- Connect your tablet to your PC using the USB cable. Move the Penntry zip file to the tablet’s internal storage. Disconnect the device from PC when the file is copied successfully.
- Power off your Google Nexus 10.
- Boot it to ‘Fasboot Mode’. It can be done if you press at the same time ‘volume up’, ‘volume down’ and ‘power’ buttons. When the screen powers ON and you see the ‘START’ text in green letters, get to the next step.
- Use the volume buttons to change ‘Start’ into ‘RECOVERY MODE’. Press ‘Power’ button to load the Recovery mode on your tablet.
- From the recovery menu select ‘install zip from sdcard’. You will be taken to a new menu and you should select ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
- Find the ‘Penttry.zip’ file and confirm that you want to install it.
- When the new battery theme file has been installed with success, you should return to the first recovery mode menu.
- Select ‘reboot system now’ and wait until the Nexus 10 restarts and loads its normal mode.
- Open the Android 4.2 Quick Settings menu and there you should see the new Penttry Ultimate Battery Theme for your Nexus 10.
These are all the steps that you had to take in order to install a new customization file for your Quick Settings in Nexus 10. If you have any other questions about this theme, head to the developer’s XDA thread and you’ll get your answer there or, in case you cannot complete the install, then you can ask for our help. Leave a detailed comment at the end of this post and we will help you finish the installation of this Penttry battery theme for your Nexus 10.