Using a custom recovery image on an Android device is quite important as by using the mentioned tool you can perform various custom operations that can customize, optimize and power up the performances and the Android system that runs on your smartphone or tablet. Thus, the same can be applied when talking about the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3, which can now be anytime easily installed with Philz Touch Recovery. In case you need more info related to this process, or if you want to flash the mentioned custom recovery image on your Mega 6.3, don’t hesitate and check the guidelines from below.
Philz Touch Recovery is based on CWM recovery, so this custom recovery tool will bring similar features and capabilities that can be found on CWM recovery. According to those who have already installed the recovery image, the software is running without problems on the Galaxy Mega 6.3, so you will not have to deal with boot loop errors, or with lags or other bugs and issues. As mentioned before, if you choose to use this tutorial, you will be able to learn how to flash Philz Touch Recovery on the Galaxy Mega 6.3 by using Odin, so the installation procedure can be easily completed – within a few minutes.
Odin is an official tool developed by Samsung and usually used on update-related operations. So, Philz Touch Recovery is just a package that will be flashed on your Mega 6.3. Now, even though the installation operation can be easily performed, you still have to read all the lines from this tutorial. Applying a custom recovery image represents an unofficial operation, so the warranty of your smartphone will get void and if you mess things up you can even end up in bricking your phone – so be careful and pay attention to the lines that are explained in this step by step guide.
By using Philz Touch Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 you will be able to perform various operations such as: flashing a custom ROM firmware like CM11, making Nandroid backups, installing custom kernels, wiping the internal system, clearing cache, making a hard reset and lot more. As you know, when you first buy a new Android device it will be delivered with a stock recovery; well, this default recovery is limited only to a few operations. So, if you want full access and control over your handset, installing a custom recovery image is a must.
Before heading to the proper steps from below, first you have to prepare your phone and some other things without which you can’t safely install Philz Touch Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3. In that matter, you first have to ensure that a computer can be used; on the other hand, the USB cord that belongs to your phone must be near you. Then, on your PC there shouldn’t be any security programs enabled – disable the antivirus and antimalware protection before beginning the flashing operation. Next, on your phone enable the USB debugging option from path “menu – settings – developer options” and charge the battery of your handset if the power is less than 60% (you can brick your Mega 6.3, if it gets turned off in the middle of the installation process).
It is recommended to backup your data, as in rare cases during the installation process, users reported that the data has been wiped out, or corrupted. So, go to Google Play and download backup and restore tools for saving your personal data, info and accounts along with other stuffs such as images, videos, audio files, text messages, call logs, market apps, internet settings, EFS folder and so on.
This step by step guide should be completed only by those who own the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 model number I9200. The guidelines from below are compatible only with the mentioned device, so Philz Touch Recovery will work only on the same – else you can damage or brick your Android based smartphone or tablet.
How to Install Philz Touch Recovery on Galaxy Mega 6.3 using Odin
- On your computer, first of all, download the required files: Odin, the recovery image (from here) and Samsung KIES if the Galaxy Mega 6.3 drivers are not installed on your computer.
- Then, unzip Odin and install the program by following the on screen prompts.
- Also unzip the recovery image on the same folder as Odin – you should easily have access to the same.
- And install the Mega 6.3 drivers on your computer by using Samsung KIES.
- Run Odin on your computer.
- Turn off your phone and enter download mode: after powering off, press power, volume down and home buttons at the same time, for a few seconds.
- Then, connect your handset with your computer via USB cable.
- Once the connection established, on Odin the “added” message will be displayed and the ID:COM section will turn yellow or blue – if not, it means that your device hasn’t been recognized by Odin and you should remove the USB cord, close the program and reinstall the drivers on your PC; then repeat the steps from above until everything is working as explained.
- From Odin choose the “PA” option and from the window that will be displayed choose the Philz Touch Recovery that is located on your computer.
- Don’t make any other changes on the program and in the end click on “start”.
- Wait while the installation process is running – you will be done when on Odin the “pass” message will be displayed and when the ID:COM section will turn green.
- You can unplug the USB cord and reboot your device.
Note: if in the end your phone will be stuck in a boot loop, enter recovery mode on your Android device and from there select “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache”; in the end reboot and enjoy.
Note2: if on the other hand, Odin gets stuck, just close the program and unplug the USB cable; force restart your Mega 6.3, reinstall the drivers on your computer and repeat the steps from the installation guide once more.
So, there you have it; that’s how you can anytime install a custom recovery image, Philz Touch Recovery, on your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3. If you can’t manage to complete this tutorial, or if you need more info related to this operation, don’t hesitate and share your problems by using the comments filed from below and we will assist you as soon as possible.