Pound ROM is a new custom KitKat build that you can use to update your Samsung Galaxy S2 International smartphone. Read the entire tutorial and you should be able to flash this new custom ROM without problems.
This is a new custom ROM created by Liono738, XDA member and developer. The main features of this new ROM are these: linaro, stable, aroma installer, BLN, AOKP custom system animations, appbar, multitask menu and others more. There aren’t any major bugs and everything seems to work just fine. More info about this custom ROM here.
Read the guidelines below before starting the installation process:
- Use this guide only with the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100.
- don’t try to update any other smartphones using the files listed in the tutorial.
- your device has to be running the latest CWM Recovery, so that the installation will flash without problems.
- the ‘factory reset’ is required for this tutorial, which means that you will lose all data stored on the system partition.
- internal and external sdcards will not be affected by the ‘factory reset’.
- make sure not to skip the NANDROID ROM Backup step, as that will create a restore point for your smartphone.
- a restore point can be used in case your device doesn’t boot with the new ROM.
- backup data from installed applications using Helium — Google Play Store link here.
- backup SMS text messages and APN Internet Settings using the following tools: SMS backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore.
- sync Contacts data with your Gmail account.
- this process will save all your phone numbers and people details to Google.
- guide here can be used to learn how to sync such data.
- enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- this is a guide for advanced users, do not attempt to flash this custom ROM in case you don’t know what you’re doing.
- read the entire post and don’t skip any steps.
- check the phone’s battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, so that the device won’t switch off in the middle of the updating process.
- note that we cannot be blamed in case you brick your phone or lose any important data in the process.
- if you cannot complete the tutorial, then you should ask for more help in comments.
Now that you know all of the above, continue to the next part of this article.
How to flash Pound ROM Unofficial CM11 KitKat for Galaxy S2 I9100:
- Download the custom ROM from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 4.4 ROMs from here.
- Connect your smartphone with your PC and then move both zip files to your device’s internal storage.
- disconnect your smartphone from computer when the files are transferred.
- do not unzip the contents of the archives.
- Power off your smartphone now.
- Boot the device in CWM Recovery mode.
- it can be done if you press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power, all at the same time.
- release the buttons when the home screen appears.
- First you need to apply the NANDROID ROM Backup step.
- select ‘backup and restore’, then save the file on your device.
> continue to the next step when done.
> do not skip this step as it will create a restore point for your device, one that you can use in case the smartphone doesn’t boot with the new ROM.
- Now you have to Factory Reset the device:
- select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’, confirm.
> note that you shouldn’t skip this step.
> if you skip Factory Reset, then the phone will not boot with the new ROM and you will be forced to repeat the entire tutorial more than once before completing the installation.
- Next, flash the new custom ROM:
- select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
- find the Pound Rom KitKat zip file and confirm its installation.
> do not press any buttons until the installation is complete.
- After the ROM is installed you will need to repeat step 8 and flash the Gapps zip too.
- When you complete the installations you need to return to the main custom Recovery screen.
- Reboot your smartphone now.
- note that the first boot process will take a while before loading all the files, which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons until that happens.
- Enter your Google account details when the home screen of your device appears.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete the installation of Pound ROM Android 4.4 for your Galaxy S2 I9100. I hope that you did manage to complete the installation and that now you’re testing and tinkering with all of its features.
Remember that this is a custom Android 4.4 ROM which is why you shouldn’t expect your device to have a better battery life, as the KitKat OS usually needs much more power and this will affect the performance of your device. In case your phone doesn’t work as you would have expected it to, then you can always use the NANDROD ROM Backup file created in step 6 and restore it to its previous ROM build.
NOTE: if the tutorial doesn’t complete or the first boot process takes more than ten minutes to complete, then you will be forced to remove the phone’s battery. Re-insert the battery and then repeat the entire tutorial once again and make sure that you won’t skip any steps that I’ve listed above. Also, if you need any extra help, then you should ask for it in comments by leaving a detailed comment. We will come up with a viable solution and help you complete the update of your device to KitKat.
Now that you know all this, enjoy your brand new custom ROM.