Galaxy Nexus L700 can now run a custom Android 4.2.1 ROM that is titled Rasbean Jelly. If you own such device then you should use this tutorial and learn how to successfully flash all the required files and get the Rasbean ROM up and running. Read the entire article and make sure to use the comments section if you have any extra questions.
Rasbean Jelly ROM has been release by ‘Uber’, an XDA member and developer. This custom ROM packs the Android 4.2.1 and it comes with status bar improvements, reboot menu, expandable volume, Kill-App using simply the back key. Also, it borrows functions from CyanogenMod builds such as the Desktop Expanding option, navigation bar, locksreen customization and many others.
It is a pretty stable release and if you want to successfully install it, then you should read the guidelines below:
- Install the Rasbean Jelly custom ROM only on the Sprint version of Galaxy Nexus with the model number L700. Do not attempt to flash the files you find in this post on any other smartphone.
- The smartphone has to be on an unlocked bootloader, it has to be rooted and it should have installed the CWM Recovery. Use the search bar above and you’ll find helpful guides on our website or click here for Galaxy Nexus guides.
- You should create a full backup of your current ROM. For this, it is recommended that you use the CWM Recovery mode. Create a backup so that in case something goes wrong or, you don’t like the new ROM, then you can easily restore your device to the previous OS.
- Backup all of your important SMS, Call Logs, Apn Internet Settings or create even a list of installed apps using these tools for Android: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore | AppBack for Android application. Grant these apps for root access.
- Make sure to sync your Contacts with the Gmail account you’ve assigned your device to. If you don’t know how to do it, then you should read the instructions in this post here.
- Read all the info I’ve listed and make sure that you won’t skip any steps listed in the tutorial.
- Please note that we cannot be held responsible in case you lose any important data during the custom ROM installation.
These were all the guidelines you had to read before getting to the interesting part of this post.
How to flash Rasbean Jelly JB 4.2.1 custom ROM on the Galaxy Nexus L700:
- Download the custom ROM from HERE. Save the zip on your PC and don’t extract its contents.
- Download the Gapps for this ROM from HERE. Don’t unzip.
- Connect the phone to PC when the files are downloaded successfully. After that you should move both zip files on the device’s internal SD card. When the copy process is complete you can unplug the phone from computer.
- Power off your smartphone.
- Boot into Fastboot mode now. It can be done by holding at the same time Volume Up, Volume Down and Power (release the buttons when the Fastboot mode menu appers). Select the ‘Recovery’ option from the Fastboot menu and then, when the main menu of Recovery mode appears, get to the next step.
- If you don’t have a backup of your currently installed ROM then you should select ‘backup and restore’ option. If you already have such backup then you can skip this action.
- Now you have to select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option and confirm this process.
- Next, select ‘mounts and storage’ and then ‘Format /System’ option. Confirm.
- Select ‘install zip from SD card’ from the main CWM Recovery screen and then select ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the Rasbean Jelly ROM zip file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM is installed, select again the ‘choose zip from sdcard’ and install the Gapps zip.
- Return to the main recovery screen after all files are installed successfully.
- Choose ‘reboot system now’ option and after that you should wait for the first boot process of this new ROM to finish loading all its files. This process shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes.
- Re-enter your Google Account credentials and now you can test the Rasbean Jelly Android 4.2.1 custom ROM.
If the first boot takes too long to complete, then you can remove the battery from your device and then repeat the entire tutorial starting with step 4.
In case you don’t like this new Android 4.2.1 custom ROM then you can easily use again the CWM Recovery menu and restore the backup of your previously installed ROM. Use the comments section for any questions you might regarding the installation of Rasbean Jelly ROM for Galaxy Nexus Sprint L700 smartphone.