Install Rooted Android 4.1.1 UVDLJA Firmware on T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 T999
A few days ago, we’ve published a guide that told you how to update your T-Mobile Galaxy S3 to Official Stock Android 4.1.1 UVDLJA Firmware. Now, you can flash an alternative version of that same ROM but one that is also rooted. Read this entire post and make sure that you don’t skip any instructions that I have listed in this post.
The rooted version of this ROM can be installed using the custom recovery mode, but, you should read the preparation guide before moving to the tutorial. Here’s what you need to know:
- Install this rooted Android 4.1.1 UVDLJA Firmware only on the T-Mobile variant of Galaxy S3 model number T999. It will not work with any other smartphone and you shouldn’t attempt to flash these files on any other devices.
- Your phone should be on an unlocked bootloader, it has to be rooted and running the CWM Recovery image. Without these you cannot complete the installation of UVDLJA Firmware.
- Backup your currently installed ROM so that in case something wrong happens then you will be able to restore your device to its current working state.
- Create backups of apps, SMS, and all other data you might have stored on your T-Mobile SGS3.
- The Internal SDcard will not be deleted in the process.
- Sync your Gmail account with your Contacts app.
- Enable USB Debugging option from the device’s Developer Options.
- Make sure that you won’t skip any steps listed in the tutorial.
- Don’t blame us in case something goes wrong and you cannot complete the update or you lose any data files in the process.
- Use the comments section to ask for extra help. Also, use it to post detailed comments about the steps you took and where you got stuck.
I think that these are all the guidelines you had to read and now you should move to the next part of this post.
How to flash rooted Android 4.1.1 UVDLJA Firmware on T-Mobile Galaxy S3 T999:
- Download the T999UVDLJA firmware zip file from HERE. Save the file on your computer.
- Connect your smartphone to your PC via USB Cable.
- Move the Rooted Firmware zip file (the one downloaded at step 1) on your phone’s internal SD card. After the transfer is complete you have to unplug the phone from PC.
- Power OFF your SGS3 T-Mobile.
- Boot it into CWM Recovery mode. Enter this by pressing ‘volume up’, ‘home’ and ‘power’ buttons simultaneously and then the custom recovery mode will load. You should create a FULL Nandroid backup of the currently installed ROM and then move to the next step.
- Choose the ‘install zip from sdcard’ and from the new menu ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the T999UVDLJA Firmware file and confirm that you want to install it.
- When the install is finished you should return to the main recovery screen. Select ‘reboot system now’ and wait until the phone completes the first boot process with this new ROM.
- After all files are loaded and the phone boots into normal mode, you’re done and you’ve managed to successfully update your device.
NOTE: In case the phone doesn’t boot correctly or it gets into a boot loop or it freezes, then you should apply the steps listed below. These will wipe all the data from your phone except for the contents stored on the SD card. Here’s what you need to do:
- Power off the phone by removing its battery.
- Re-insert the battery after 5 seconds.
- Boot your T-Mobile Galaxy S3 into CWM Recovery mode.
- Select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option and then confirm this process.
- When the data is deleted you will have to return to the main recovery menu and select ‘reboot system now’.
- Now your device should boot into normal mode and the T999UVDLJA Firmware of Android 4.1.1 update should load successfully.
If you’re hitting any other roadblocks, then you should restart the tutorial guide starting with step 1 and then you might complete the update. I think that these were all the steps you had to take. Note that in case you have any other questions, then you should post them in our comments sections.