In order to get the best tools and features for your Atrix HD you must first free its internal system from the default factory restrictions. Then, you must update the phone with a custom ROM firmware which will optimize, customize and power up the performances, so that you can receive and enjoy a better, stable and smooth Android based experience. So, after I have showed you how to root the Motorola Atrix HD on any software, now we will be checking on how to install a custom recovery image (Safestrap Recovery) into its system.
A custom recovery image is usually used by those who are trying to install custom ROMs, or beta updates that aren’t officially released. Also, a custom recovery comes with other features that can be easily used by any type of users (experienced and entry-level ones). You can use the tool for performing Nandroid backup and restore operations, access boot options, install or flash a ZIP file, or wipe the internal system. As you can see, if you want to take full advantage of your smartphone you must complete this tutorial and learn how to install the Safestrap Recovery on your Motorola Atrix HD MB886.
Now, on the Android platform, we have two recovery tools that are being popular among worldwide users. I am talking about CWM recovery and TWRP recovery, both being similar in features. But these apps are requiring an unlocked bootloader in order to properly work, so in our case, we will install your Atrix HD with the Safestrap Recovery, which is a custom recovery app that can be flashed on a locked bootloader. This means that you don’t have to previously unlock the bootloader of your Atrix HD MB886 for being able to apply this step by step guide.
You still have to root your phone though, as the Safestrap Recovery can be installed only on a rooted Atrix HD (for learning how to root your device, use our guide by clicking on the link from above). Take note as by gaining root access, the warranty will get void. Unfortunately this aspect can’t be avoided, because you will make changes into the internal system of your handset; actually you will remove all the factory restrictions and default options. Anyway, don’t worry as the warranty can be restored as soon as you decide to downgrade to stock ROM, or update with an official software (then, the root access will be revoked and the default restrictions reinstalled).
Also, a backup is recommended, so it will be a good idea to save the data before applying the steps from below. Don’t worry because a backup operation can be easily completed as there are numerous apps available on Google Play that can save almost everything from your Motorola Atrix HD. Then you can safely flash the Safestrap Recovery app and also look forward in updating with a custom ROM firmware.
Beside the root and backup procedures, you still have to perform other preparation tasks, but this time general ones. I have listed the pre requisites below, so check the same. Do not skip this section because you can even end up in bricking your Atrix HD. The proper steps will shortly follow, so let’s get started.
- A Windows running computer will be required so make sure you can use one; also the phone and its USB cord should also be there.
- In order to avoid the unpleasant situations, deactivate all the security tools and programs (like antivirus) that are running on both computer and handset and charge the battery of your device (if you notice that the power left is less than 60%).
- The USB debugging option should be enabled on your Atrix HD.
- And you must complete this guide only if you own the Motorola Atrix HD model number MB886; installing the Safestrap Recovery tool on a similar device will brick the same.
How to Install Safestrap Recovery on Motorola Atrix HD MB886
- Download the ES File Explorer File Manager app on your phone by using the link from here.
- Then, download the recovery file from here; the name of the file will be Razzr HD, but don’t panic, it will work perfectly on your Atrix HD.
- Save the file on your computer.
- Next, use the USB cable and connect the handset with the PC.
- Copy and paste the downloaded file from the computer to the phone’s internal SD card.
- Now, go to “Settings -> Security” and choose “Installation from unknown sources”.
- Then, on your phone launch the ES File Explorer.
- From the menu that opens select the Safestrap Recovery APK file and then just select “install”.
- A message will be displayed (a SuperSU one); select “allow” and grant root access.
- The Safestrap will be launched.
- Select “install recovery” for applying the recovery files.
- In the end, reboot your phone; while rebooting a splash screen will appear and you need to press the “menu” button in order to boot into Safestrap Recovery Mode.
You have successfully installed the Safestrap Recovery tool on your Motorola Atrix HD MB886. Now you can easily apply a custom ROM, or perform other complex operations by using the recovery mode. Test the same and share your impressions with us and with other users. Also, stay close for further tutorials suitable with the Motorola Atrix HD.