The Motorola Droid RAZR HD users can now use this tutorial to learn how to install a custom recovery on their devices. Use this tutorial to learn how to successfully flash a the SafeStrap recovery. Read the entire tutorial and make sure that you don’t skip any steps that I’ve listed so that you’ll manage to install the custom recovery at your first attempt.
Installing the SafeStrap Recovery will then enable you to flash new custom ROMs on your phone. Also, you will then be able to flash any other customization files that you want to have on your device. This tool has been created by ‘hashcode’, a developer that also created other similar utilities for Motorola smartphones.
This is a tool that has to be used on Motorola devices that are on locked bootloaders. Before installing the SafeStrap Recovery on your Motorola Droid RAZR HD, you should read the guidelines below:
- Note that this is a guide that will work only with a Moto Droid RAZR HD smartphone. Do not use the files in this post with any other device.
- Also, your phone should be on a rooted firmware. If yours isn’t, then you should use this guide here and learn how to do it.
- SafeStrap Recovery is a very powerful application and you should use it only if you’re an advanced user. More info about this custom recovery can be found here on Hashcode’s web site.
- This recovery will not change the primary/ stock partition of your device.
- The Motorola Droid RAZR HD should have the ES File Explorer installed or you can choose to install any other similar file manager.
- Note that we cannot be blamed in case your device gets bricked in the process, or you lose any important data during the installation. Make sure that you know what you’re doing and that you will install it only after you’ve read all the instructions listed in this post.
- Make sure that your device’s battery is fully charged so that it won’t power off during the installation.
- If you cannot complete the ‘how-to’ guide, then you should ask for more info in our comments field.
When you’re ready, you can continue to the next part of this post and learn how to flash the new custom Recovery on your smartphone.
How to install SafeStrap Recovery on Motorola Droid RAZR HD:
- Download the APK for the SafeStrap Recovery from HERE.
- Now you have to connect your device to your PC using the USB cable. Move the SafeStrap custom recovery APK onto its internal SD card. Disconnect the phone from computer when the file is transferred.
- Open the ‘Settings’ app on your phone and then go to ‘S Security’ menu and enable the ‘Installation from Unknown Sources’ option is enabled.
- Next, launch the ‘ES File Manager’ or any other file manager that you’ve installed on your device.
- Go to the SafeStrap APK file and tap it once to install. Confirm the process and then launch the application.
- SuperSU prompt message will appear and you need to tap the ‘Allow’ button. It grants SuperUser root access for the application.
- SafeStrap application will now launch and you should apply the ‘Install Recovery’ step.
- After the install is complete you’re done.
- Boot into Recovery mode by restarting your device from the SafeStrap application menu. After the device restarts, a splash menu appears and you need to select ‘recovery mode’ to boot into it. For normal boot selection the option with the same name.
- That’s it, now you’ve successfully flashed this custom recovery and you’re free to install new custom ROMs and other customization files on your smartphone.
These were all the steps that you had to take. In case you’re having trouble installing it, then you should ask for more help in comments or you can check info at this Droidrzr forums web page.