Install SGS2 Jelly Bean Android 4.2.2 custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830
The Galaxy Ace can be updated to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean through a custom ROM. Use this tutorial and learn how to do it without losing any important files in the process. Make sure to read all info and, if you cannot complete the update then you can ask for extra instructions by posting in our comments field.
This custom ROM is labeled SGS2 Jelly Bean and it is based on Samsung Galaxy S2 ROMs. Take a look at its most important features: Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean UI, TouchWiz 4 UI, ICS transitions, SGS2 wallpapers, icons, startup and shutdown animations, sounds, ported apps, Jelly Bean themed applications from SGS 2 and SGS3, Jelly Bean UI status bar, EDT battery tweak, Smooth Scroll Mod, CRT, SGS2 widgets, re-enabled button lights, CallScreen ICS modded, 4.2.2 JB status bar ported, ICS patter lockstyle, brightness bard, SGS3 music player and many others.
In order to successfully flash this custom ROM to your Galaxy Ace, you will need to read the preparation guidelines below:
- use this tutorial only with the Samsung Galaxy Ace model number S5830. Don’t attempt to install this SGS2 JB custom ROM on the S5830i smartphone.
- The Galaxy Ace you’re about to update should be rooted and running the CWM Recovery image. Without these you won’t be able to flash the Update files.
- Use the custom Recovery mode and create a full Nandroid backup of your current ROM. This will set a restore point for your phone and you can use it in case you don’t like how the new OS runs for your device.
- The tutorial will ask you to factory reset your device, which is why you will have to backup your SMS, Call logs and other similar data. Use some of these tools for all those backup actions: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore | AppBack for Android application. Note that some of these apps will ask for root access, which you have to grant it for them when asked.
- Sync your Gmail account with the Contacts data and you will not lose any important phone numbers and other data from your People app.
- Enable USB Debugging option from the Android Developer Options menu.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery charge level is over 50%, this will prevent the phone from powering off in the middle of the updating process. In case your device does power off, then you will be forced to repeat the entire tutorial starting with step 1.
- We can’t be blamed in case you brick your phone or you lose any files in the updating process. It is a guide for advanced users and you need to install the new ROM only when you’re sure that you can complete the guide with success.
- Read the entire post and use the comments section to ask for any help in case you cannot complete the install.
Now that you know all of the above, I think that you can continue to the next part of this post.
How to install SGS2 JB Android 4.2.2 custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830:
- Download the custom ROM from HERE. Save the file on your computer without extracting its contents.
- Connect your device to your PC using the USB data cable. Move the ROM on to its internal SDcard and after that you need to disconnect the Android phone from computer.
- Power off your Galaxy Ace now.
- Boot it into CWM Recovery mode. Press the Home button and Power at the same time to boot the CWM Recovery mode.
- When the main menu of the custom Recovery appears you need to select ‘backup and restore’ option. Create a NANDROID backup of your current ROM. When done, get to the next step.
- Select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option and confirm this process.
- Now, select ‘install zip from SDcard’ and after that select ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the SGS2 JB ROM zip file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM is installed you have to return to the main menu of the CWM Recovery mode.
- Select ‘reboot system now’ option and wait until the new ROM finished the first boot process and the phone loads the new home screen.
- Enter the Google Account details and take full control over your device once again.
- Test all of its functions and return here to tell us if you found any bugs while using the SGS2 Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy Ace S5830.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to successfully flash this new custom ROM for your Android device.
If the first boot process takes more than 5 minutes to complete or the device enters a boot loop sequence, then you will have to power off the smartphone completely. Remove its battery and then repeat re-insert it after 5 seconds. Then, you need to repeat the entire tutorial once again and, this time, you have to make sure that you won’t skip any steps in the process. Use the comments section to ask for more help in case you cannot complete the update. I will try to come up with the best solution for your device.
If you don’t like this new ROM, then you will have to simply boot into CWM Recovery, open the ‘backup and restore’ option and then restore the NAND backup of your previously installed ROM. I hope that you found this guide useful and that from now on you know how to properly flash a brand new Jelly Bean 4.2.2 ROM on your Galaxy Ace S5830 smartphone.