Install SlimBean v3.0 custom ROM based on Android 4.2.2 JellyBean for the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G
SlimBean custom ROM has reached its Jelly Bean builds and now you can flash it on your Galaxy S2 model number I9100G. You can use this tutorial and learn how to successfully flash this firmware for your smartphone. Remember that this is not an official Samsung firmware update and you will install it at your own risk. SlimBean v3.0 is based on the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM and it is a lightweight custom ROM which features all the Jelly Bean function of all the other custom ROMs.
Here are some of its best features: themes engine, quiet hours, profiles, Google Now, performance customization options and multiple others. In order to make sure that you successfully flash this new custom ROM on your device, you will first have to go over the preparation guidelines listed below:
- Use this tutorial only for the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100G. Don’t try to install the files you find here on the I9100 variant.
- This device of yours has to be rooted and running a custom Recovery image such as CWM or TWRP. We’ve used the CWM Recovery for this tutorial.
- Create a full NANDROID backup of your current ROM. This will set a restore point for your smartphone and you can use it in case something goes wrong, you brick the device or you don’t like this new SlimBean custom ROM.
- The tutorial will ask you to wipe data and factory reset the phone, then you will be forced to backup some SMS, Call Logs and other similar data. This step has to be applied as otherwise you won’t be able to install the new ROM. Use these tools: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore. Some of these apps will ask for root access and you have to grant it.
- The internal and / or external SD card contents will not be touched by the updating process.
- Sync your Gmail account with your Contacts data. This will preserve all the saved Contact phone numbers and other data to your Gmail account. Remember to use the same Google account after installing this new ROM.
- Enable USB debugging option from the Android Developer Options.
- Make sure that the phone’s battery is charged and that it won’t power off in the middle of the updating process.
- This guide is for advanced Android users and you shouldn’t attempt to use it in case you don’t know what you’re doing. Use the tutorial section to ask for any extra help so that you will manage to flash the new custom ROM at your first attempt.
I think that these were all the steps that you had to read before getting to the tutorial guide. Now your phone should be ready for the installation of this new Jelly Bean custom ROM.
How to install SlimBeam Android 4.2.2 JB Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G:
- Download the custom ROM from HERE. Save the file to your computer and don’t extract the contents of the zip.
- Download Gapps for this ROM from HERE. Don’t extract its contents and save the file to your PC.
- Connect the device to your PC and then move both downloaded files to the smartphone’s internal SDcard. When the files are copied with success you should disconnect the I9100G SGS2 from PC.
- Power off the smartphone.
- Boot the I9100G device into CWM Recovery mode. It can be done by pressing Volume Up, Home and Power buttons, all at the same time. Release the buttons when the ClockworkMod Recovery main menu appears.
- Select ‘backup and restore’ option and create a full NANDROID backup of your current ROM. It is recommended for you to create such file.
- Select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option and confirm this step.
- Select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the SlimBean Jelly Bean ROM zip file and then confirm its installation.
- Select ‘choose zip from sdcard’ again and this time you have to install the Gapps file. Confirm.
- When both files have been installed successfully you can return to the main menu of the Recovery mode.
- Select ‘reboot system now’ and wait several minutes until the new ROM completes its first boot.
- Enter your Google Account details when you’re done looking through the Slim Bean menus. Take control over your phone.
- That is it, you’ve managed to install a brand new custom Jelly Bean ROM for your I9100G device.
NOTE: If the first boot process takes too long to complete, then you will have to repeat the entire process once again. Make sure that you successfully apply all the steps that I have listed above. Eventually you will manage to flash the new custom ROM for your device.
In case you don’t like this new SlimBean 3.0 custom ROM then you can easily restore the NANDROID backup of your previously installed ROM. Boot into CWM Recovery and simply select the ‘backup and restore’ option. If you have any other questions, please post them in our comments field and we will try to offer you new viable solutions for any problems that you might encounter while trying to flash this new ROM on your smartphone.